International Program Advisor
Job location: San Antonio TAMUSA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-11-04
Job TitleInternational Program AdvisorAgencyTexas A&M University - San AntonioDepartmentStudent EngagementProposed Minimum Salary$2,780.17 monthlyJob LocationSan Antonio, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
Under the direction, the position requires a background assisting students with the admission process (preferably international students), and familiarity with paperwork needed to complete the admission process, e.g., transcripts, foreign credentials, TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, GMAT and testing. Duties consist of assisting international students, while explaining missing items that deter students from being fully admitted.
- Implement, manage and maintain the Pilot Program for deserving international students who qualify to pay in-state tuition
- Research international student scholarship opportunities
Maintain the Office of International Affairs DREAMERs Resources hub webpage
Responsible for creating and maintaining program reports
Assist with OIA programming initiatives
Create brochures and handouts on program objectives
Maintain international student health insurance
Coordinate and work closely with area non-profit community organizations on strategies for assisting students classified as DREAMERs.
Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and two years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of Banner. Knowledge of Excel, Word and other Microsoft programs. Knowledge of social media management and usage for professional purposes. Ability to communicate effectively and engage those from other cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems and to make evaluative judgments.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to effectively communicate with international people.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate technical information effectively and diplomatically
- May require occasional travel for professional development training.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
Please make sure to provide the following documents:
2) Cover Letter to include three professional references
For detailed instructions on how to apply for any positions on our website, please use the following link:
Summary of Employee Benefits
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.