Research & Data Analyst
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, nestled in the heart of growing St. Charles County. Established in 1986, SCC is a public, comprehensive two-year community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs in the arts, business, sciences and career-technical fields. SCC also provides workforce training and community-based personal and professional development as well as cultural, recreational and entertainment opportunities.
We are seeking a full-time Research & Data Analyst who will be responsible for providing accurate, timely information to internal and external constituents including federal, state, and private reporting agencies. This position serves to coordinate, administer, or manage data as appropriate to project with minimal direction and often does so independently. Will use a variety of software tools such as Excel, SQL editor, SPSS, Crystal Reports, Tableau, Business Objects, Microsoft Power BI and others to pull, prep, blend, analyze, and present data from various sources to create meaningful insights for administrators, faculty and staff. The position serves to maintain historical data and to keep current the data sets and variables needed and used by IR in its day-to-day operation. Will play a key role in supporting data collection and tracking needed to advance the mission and strategic plan of the institution. This position is responsible for all aspects of the report development process including gathering requirements, report development, testing, implementation, summarization, and documentation.
Full-time staff benefits:
- Employer credit applied towards medical, dental, and vision insurance and much more!
- Generous paid time off: vacation, sick, personal days, and college recognized holidays
- Participation in the Public School Retirement System (PSRS)
- Tuition waiver and reimbursement
To view more information about the benefits that our full-time staff can participate in, please click the following link: https://www.stchas.edu/about-scc/employment/benefits/full-time-staff
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Identify, obtain, and analyze institutional and other relevant data.
- Receive report requests, evaluate requirements, build queries, build reports, check data, and deploy reports. Write data report processes for developing queries and running reports.
- Create data dashboards, advanced data visualizations, and administer data visualization system.
- Collaborate with Administrative Computing to design databases and determine specifications for capturing data.
- Create, enhance, and maintain datasets from multiple sources.
- Produce accurate and timely reports for appropriate departments and to fulfill reporting requirements.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of variables needed to build, define, and maintain a database that supports our institutional mission and strategic plan.
- Create and deliver end user training and documentation for analytics tools, visualization, and reports.
- Provide accurate, easily understandable data/information, and research in a timely manner.
- Independently manage data sets, keep data sets error-free, analyze data, and interpret results.
- Independently build files combining data and/or extracting data from the student clearinghouse or other data sources.
- Independently manage Census-related processes.
- Coordinate and administer surveys, reports, and questionnaires for internal and external entities.
- Coordinate and complete projects, tasks, and data requests assigned by the director.
- Prepare correspondence and generate charts, tables, graphs, etc., for reports and presentations.
- Coordinate and prepare resource materials such as the SCC fact book.
- Perform and/or coordinate vendor research for new software/hardware based reporting and analytic systems and serve as department liaison for service desk requests.
- Attend meetings or make presentations as required on behalf of department and the director.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Master's degree and experience in Institutional Research or related field; or a Bachelor's degree and two years of experience in Institutional Research or a similar research environment. High level of attention to detail. Demonstrate advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Ability to determine which variables are needed for analysis and skill to combine data into statistical programs such as SPSS, Microsoft Power BI, etc. High degree of organizational ability in order to multi-task and meet required deadlines. Ability to work independently, manage project timelines, and coordinate data acquisition. Highly skilled in multiple computer software programs and Internet-based data sites. Excellent communication skills to effectively work with College personnel. Exercise discretion with regard to sensitive data. Relevant experience in higher education strongly preferred.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.