Student Assistant Computer Lab (Camden Center)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Student Employment TypeStudent AssistantPosition TitleStudent Assistant Computer Lab (Camden Center)Posting NumberStu00685Recruitment TypeCCGA Students Only Position Summary Information Nature of Work
This is a 19 hours per week maximum part time student position. The student will work in the Computer Lab at the Camden Campus. The student in this position must be credible, reliable, personable and able to work with information of a confidential nature.
The Computer Lab student assistant is responsible for providing assistance to students utilizing the computer labs. The Computer Lab student assistant answers questions related to the use of computers, enforce all lab rules, clean and maintain computers and equipment, and stock supplies. A working knowledge of computer hardware and software is essential to this position.
The schedule will be assigned in conjunction with the student’s class schedule and is subject to change between semesters or as needed. Students are not to work during scheduled class time, even if class is canceled or dismissed early.Essential Duties
• Assist students with basic computer hardware and software needs.
• Assist students with accessing Coast, Desire 2 Learn, CCGA web mail, and other required websites.
• Replace printer paper and toner.
• Replenish supplies and oversee all other lab equipment.
• Keep labs and equipment clean and enforce all rules concerning the use of labs.
• Maintain a comfortable and safe working environment for lab users.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours.
• Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
• Must have good communication and time management skills
• Must be able to perform essential duties without direct supervision.
• Computer Science, Information Technology or Information Systems related majors but not required.Work Hours Based on the needs of the department. Up to 19.5 hours.Special Instructions to Applicants
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date10/08/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledYesPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * Will you be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at CCGA during the semester for which this position would employ you?
- * What is your student ID number?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have prior customer service experience?
- * Enter the available work times for the semester which this position would begin.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter