Part Time Customer Service Clerk
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitlePart Time Customer Service ClerkPosting NumberSta00560Recruitment TypeExternal - Open to All ApplicantsEmployment TypePart-TimeBenefits Available No Position Summary Information Nature of Work
This part-time position serves as a customer service representative in the area of student financial aid. Employee will assist the primary customer service representative to help assist current and former students and families seeking assistance with financial aid. Regular and recurring assignments are performed independently using initiative and judgment based on knowledge gained through experience and training. Occasional evenings and weekends may be required to assist with campus-wide events (i.e. graduation ceremony, FAFSA workshops, orientations and/or campus visits).Essential Duties
- Greets visitors to the office
- Responds to inquiries for information regarding registration, financial aid processing, and paperwork received by mail and in person from students, parents, faculty, staff, and the general public
- Assists with end of term processing and mailings
- Receives and distributes all paperwork that comes into the office
- Assists in preparing correspondence to students
- Assists the Veteran Affairs Certifying Official with processing
- Operates a variety of office equipment including, but not limited to, copy, fax, and imaging machines and must be proficient in all Microsoft Office software
- Assist with the processing of verification paperwork
- Assists the Associate Director and Director as needed
- Has a working knowledge of the college’s registration procedures and the curriculum
- Uses correct business English, spelling, and grammar and basic math skills
- Uses database software and/or electronic transfer of information using secure protocols
- Works within a Windows-based environment; skill and accuracy in typing and in entering data into a computer is essential
- Organizes work and follow oral and written directions, and follows through on details without prompting
- Calmly and effectively performs multiple tasks simultaneously in a high pressure environment
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other employees and works in a team environment
- Graduation from a regionally accredited high school
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated customer service experience and training
- Associate degree (or equivalent hours of college level work)
- Other equivalent combinations of training and experience may be considered
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date10/04/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledYesPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- Cover Letter