Part Time Instructor of Exercise Science
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitlePart Time Instructor of Exercise SciencePosting NumberFac00431Employment TypePart-TimeBenefits AvailableNo Position Summary Information Nature of Work
The department is seeking an outstanding professional who is enthusiastic, passionate about her/his field, and has a strong desire to help students succeed. The individual will teach Exercise Science courses including laboratory components.Essential Duties
The applicant will teach undergraduate Exercise Science courses including their laboratory components, and may teach physical education and wellness courses as needed. Evidence of or potential for high-quality teaching and effective student learning at the college level and evidence of excellent communication and collaboration skills will be evaluated.Minimum Qualifications and Training
Applicant must possess an earned Master’s degree in Physical Education, Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Health & Fitness, Motor Control, Biomechanics, or a closely-related field.Preferred Qualifications and Training
CSCS certificationSpecial Instructions to Applicants
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date10/08/2019Close Date05/31/2020Open Until FilledNoPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type position?
- * What will your highest level of education be as of the anticipated start date?
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- * Are you currently employed by any other college, technical college, or university system within the USG system?
- * Have you previously worked within the University System of Georgia?
- * Has any licensing authority in Georgia or any other jurisdiction ever refused to issue you a license or ever revoked, annulled, cancelled, accepted surrender of, suspended, placed on probation, refused to renew a professional license, certificate or multi-state privilege held by you now or previously, or ever fined, censured, reprimanded or otherwise disciplined you?
- * Are you currently under investigation or is a disciplinary action pending against your nursing license or any other license or certification that you hold in any state or territory of the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts 1
- Teaching Philosophy
- Transcripts 2
- Transcripts 3