Medical Compliance Specialist II
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-10-08
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The Medical Compliance Specialist 2, Regulatory is part of the Regulatory Compliance team that promotes health care compliance within University of Miami Health System/University of Miami/ Miller School of Medicine. Under the direction of the Director of Regulatory Compliance, the Medical Compliance Specialist 2 is responsible for conducting research, performing audits, monitoring and investigations, documentation review and analyzes of the UHealth/University of Miami Miller School of Medicine Policies, Rules and Regulations. He/she will contribute to the success of the regulatory compliance program by strategizing compliance risk assessment, summarizing and documenting compliance-related UHealth/University of Miami Miller School of Medicine policies and procedures. He/she will maintain accurate records of division actions and will document communication with members of the medical community, regulatory entities and any others involved in the medical enterprise.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct detailed research and reviews of policies and procedures in support of the UHealth Regulatory Compliance program.
- Assists and supports the work of the Executive Director and Director in regulatory arena.
- Conduct investigations as needed.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all matters.
- Assists the Department in training and education in compliance topics.
- Identifies and reports general compliance issues that may arise through the work process; writes and revises standard operating procedures.
- Reviews technical publications, articles and abstracts to stay abreast of current regulations and trends, and makes suggestions for necessary revisions when appropriate.
- Generates and organizes audit finding reports.
- Continuous training of current Compliance Specialists (1) and new hired Compliance Specialists (1).
- Analyzes audit outcomes and proactively identify trends.
- Provides timely and concise audit feedback to the Director.
- Maintains current knowledge of changes in national and local Healthcare Rules and Regulations.
- Represents the UHealth University of Miami Miller School of Medicine in an ethical and professional manner
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have an understanding of regulatory compliance and be familiar with federal and state healthcare regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of documentation guidelines in an academic medical center preferred.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Detailed oriented person with strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal and motivational skills required.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player and to collaborate well with others.
- Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), other web-based applications.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Bachelor’s degree, required.
- JD or RN preferred.
- Three years of work related experience in health related, law or regulatory field or comparative experience and/or education.
- Training experience, preferred.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c105