Under the direct supervision of the Director of Food Services, coordinates all activities, on a daily basis, in one food service area (Rhapsody, Catering, Dining Hall, Commissary). Salary for this position is $27,040 paid in bi-weekly increments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates all activities, on a daily basis, in assigned food service area and provides work direction and training of food preparation and food service staff and student employees.
- Orders and receives food and related non-food supplies; maintains inventory and cost records; maintains records concerning employee time; collects information to be used regarding menu acceptance, food preferences and modified diets, assists with security in dining halls; reports accidents and malfunctioning equipment.
- Coordinate the commissary operation for all Hocking College food and beverage operations including instructional, catering and Rhapsody within established budgets. Collaborate with Dining Services commissary operations.
- Assist in the management of Food Operations budgets. Maintain accurate inventory and budget documents for Food Operations.
- Responsible for purchase and distribution of all food and beverage through the Hocking College commissary.
- Work with vendors to reduce overall costs and maximize discounts available for volume purchasing.
- Provide merchandising and product recommendations to all Hocking College food venues using advice from various vendors.
- Coordinate with the Director of Food and Beverage, Department Chair, Dining Hall Manager, Rhapsody Chef, and all other such dining managers to minimize food waste and loss. This position manages the redistribution of product through the commissary to ensure food safety.
- Responsible for the physical facilities of the commissary operation.
- Assist with all aspects of Hocking College Catering including but not limited to: preparation, implementation and service.
- Be available to supervise Rhapsody operations when needed.
- Build a team of customer-focused employees and students through coaching to serve the needs of the end users of the Hocking College commissary.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Qualifications - Education, Experience, and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent, Associate’s degree preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience in food service operation which may include sanitation or commissary related experience.
- Profit and loss accountability and/or contract-management experience.
- Knowledge of accounting, staffing and scheduling sanitation and safety .
- Previous production and merchandising experience preferred.
- Knowledge of food preparation and products.
- Knowledge of safety rules and sanitation.
- A good command of Microsoft Office application software.
- Demonstrated customer service, organization, leadership, planning, and conflict management.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to establish positive public relations and to interact effectively with students, staff, faculty, supervisors, co-workers, and the public.
- Problem solving skills, judgment, decisiveness, and creativity in evaluating information.
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptable.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to travel periodically.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://hocking.edu/careers/371
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Position will remain open until filled.
Hocking College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, age, disability or military status in employment or the provision of services
When contacted for an interview, an applicant who requires special accommodations due to a disability should notify the office at that time so proper arrangements can be made for the interview
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and reviewed according to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville, OH 45764
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency