Associate Director of Development, Special Events and Donor Hospitality (6292U) 2013 - 2013
Associate Director of Development, Special Events and Donor Hospitality (6292U) 2013 - 2013 About Berkeley
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptance—academic and artistic, political and cultural—make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: October 22, 2019
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking an Associate Director of Development, Special Events and Donor Hospitality who will work within the department's development unit.
The Cal Athletics Fund is the fundraising and alumni relations arm of UC Berkeley's Intercollegiate Athletics Department, Cal Athletics. The Associate Director is a key member of the development operations team within the Cal Athletics Fund and is one of two special events and donor hospitality leads. This position will plan, organize and execute fundraising and alumni engagement events for the Cal Athletics Fund. This could include managing event logistics such as facilities, tickets, budgets, invitations, audience management activities, concessionaires, caterers, vendors, and facilitating communication and internal and external constituents. This position also supports the efforts of their development operations colleagues; including stewardship and communication.
- Plans, organizes and implements fundraising and Cal alumni engagement events.
- Plans and executes larger or more complex events, such as the Golden Gala and Scholarship Banquet.
- Supports specific large event segments such as parking/transportation, catering, etc.
- Uses departmental database and procedures to provide event briefings, produce invitations, collect attendee data and provide a post-event analysis.
- Communicates regularly with internal and external constituents to update and keep them informed of development events.
- Helps to oversee day-of volunteer and/or operational support staff.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent training/experience.
- Experience in a development office or non-profit setting.
- Skills and demonstrated experience in project management, specifically with event planning.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, decision-making, time management, ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, organizational skills and problem resolution skills.
- Thorough knowledge of basic concepts, principles, and procedures of building and maintaining effective relations with internal and external constituencies.
- Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office and common desktop/web applications.
- Experience with the development operations and events in an Intercollegiate Athletics department.
- Working knowledge of the institution, its mission, vision, goals, achievements, policies, and infrastructure preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable NCAA and Pac-12 Conference rules and regulations.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
A valid driver's license and DMV check for driving record is required.
This a full-time career position
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=2013&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency