Maker Space Supervisor
Responsibilities: In support of the department faculty, this full-time staff position performs preparatory activities for engineering classes that utilize the university's Maker Space facility, to include basic fabrication, construction and electrical service, electronic testing equipment, hand and power tools, use of 3D CAD design, designing and manufacturing electronic devices, carpentry, metalworking, vacuum forming, and other basic fabrication tasks and related equipment.
Assists students with Maker Space projects and assignments. Assists faculty with classes held in Maker Space facility, including student testing and evaluation. Integrates safety procedures into every job task. Maintains a safe and hygienic Maker Space environment, in collaboration with university's Safety Office. Instructs users in safe and proper equipment operation. Conducts routine inspection of facility and equipment. Supervises check out/return/inspection procedures for tools and equipment. Maintains accurate inventories, and coordinates repairs with university units such as Physical Plant and Information Technology, and outside equipment vendors.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a related field is required. Some college course work or specific job-related training courses, plus significant full-time employment experience in a closely related field may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of three (3) years' full-time employment experience is required in both of the following areas:
- Basic fabrication, construction and electrical service.
- Electronic testing equipment, hand and power tools.
- A minimum of one (1) year full-time employment experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Fabrication: Use of 3D CAD design, designing and manufacturing electronic devices, carpentry, metalworking, vacuum forming, and other basic fabrication tasks and related equipment.
- Prototyping: Use of rapid prototyping equipment such as 3D printers, laser cutters, circuit board routers, waterjet machines, plasma cutters and vacuum forming machines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office for Windows applications (word processing, e-mail, etc.) is required.
- Must be proficient in general office equipment operation.
- Must possess exceptional time management and detail-orientation skills.
- Must possess or be able to obtain basic First Aid and CPR certification.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including Day One medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.			Application Deadline:
Position will remain open until filled.		To Apply:
Please attach a resume and a cover letter of interest with your online application.
Online applications as well as supporting documentation may also be submitted/completed in person at:
UMHB Human Resources Division
UMHB Box 8020
900 College Street
Belton, TX 76513
For information regarding employment at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, please visit our Careers Site.
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please contact HR directly at Ext. 4527 to ascertain which documents are required to apply for this position. Please contact the Human Resources Division directly, rather than the hiring department/supervisor, to assure equal opportunity of our process.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency