Graduate Assistant, Athletics Multimedia
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-07-13
Job Description SummaryThis 10-month position will have primary responsibility for managing the video and multimedia needs for Saint Leo Athletic Communications, including creative content for video display boards at three athletic venues, webcasts, and video content for Saint Leo’s athletic website.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them form the position if the work is similar or related or a logical assignment to the position. Management may require incumbents to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Support the University’s mission and core values as a contributing member of the University’s community.
- Produce video content for video display boards in Marion Bowman Activities Center (men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball, and acrobatics & tumbling), University Turf Stadium (men’s and women’s lacrosse), and Southard Stadium (baseball).
- Coordinate game day operations, including managing and maintaining video equipment, producing in-game graphics and feature content.
- Produce video content for SaintLeoLions.com, Saint Leo’s athletics website, in collaboration with other members of Athletics Communications staff and coaches.
- Assist in the planning, promotion and organization of departmental special events using video and multimedia technology.
- Identify creative avenues and new technologies to use to enhance the Saint Leo University athletics brand, university core values and NCAA Division II philosophy across campus and to the surrounding community.
- Other duties as assigned by Athletic Director, Assistant Athletic Director for External Operations, and/or the Director of Athletic Communications.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience in a collegiate setting working directly with video applications (preferred)
- Working knowledge of computer applications and software including After Effects and Adobe Premiere (preferred) and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign), Final Cut and Microsoft Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate with athletic department, University, community and media outlets
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and collaboratively with internal and external constituencies
- Team oriented and willing to multitask efficiently and effectively
- Willing to work weekends, evenings and travel
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience in communications field (NCAA athletics preferred)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
Some lifting will be required
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.NOTICE:
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.