Coordinator, Student Care Services
The Coordinator, Student Care Services addresses the needs of students who are experiencing difficulties related to mental health, physical health and/or psycho-social adjustment, or who need general assistance.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Higher Education, Student Affairs, College Student Personnel, Counseling, Social Work, or a closely related field.
- Two years of professional full-time experience in student affairs working directly with students in advising, college level TRiO programs, career development or assistance programs.
- Requires some night and weekend work as needed for outreach and educational programming. Experience with personal computers using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Four years of professional full-time experience in case management or student care services with experience in crisis management.
- Experience with student records management such as Banner, Maxient or similar software.
- Experience in case management or assistance programs for college-level students.
Essential Job Duties
- Serves as a resource on student social/emotional development regarding student interaction with other students, faculty, and staff.
- Provides care services to students including formulating intervention plans, facilitating communication, and follow up.
- Maintains relationships with staff and other agencies to provide care coordination with needed services and support through advocacy and referrals.
- Maintains and disseminates a directory of community resources available to students.
- Oversees withdrawal requests for extenuating circumstances process.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates programs to promote Student Care Services and educate the campus community.
- Maintains accurate case records. Provides monthly reports and assists in the preparation of the Annual Report.
- Interprets University policy regarding students and recommends necessary updates.
- Provides input in the development of departmental goals, strategies, operations and procedures.
FGCU is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer