Student Services Specialist
Posting DetailsApplication Instructions
Please read carefully before applying:You must provide all information requested on the application form (resumes will not be considered as a substitute for the application). Initial screening by Human Resources for minimum requirements is based on your APPLICATION ONLY (supporting documents will not be reviewed during initial screening). Incomplete applications will not be considered by hiring committees. You will have an opportunity to upload supporting documents for committee consideration during this online application process.Position Information Posting Number:06001640Position Title:Student Services SpecialistPosting Date:10/07/2019Closing Date:11/03/2019Open Until Filled (notes):Length of Position:9.5 months per yearAnticipated Start Date:
November 18, 2019Position Type/Employee Class:ClassifiedFTE:.75 FTESalary Level:Classified Salary Level 12Starting Pay Range$$15.35 to $18.71 plus exceptional benefitsHours per Week:30 hr/wkWork Schedule:Afternoons and EveningsDays of the Week:Monday -SaturdayJob Summary/Purpose:
Under the direction of the Campus Administrator, provide general clerical and administrative support based on established procedures. Act as a resource to all current and prospective students, answering detailed questions about COCC programs and classes, admissions, placement testing, advising, registration, financial aid, student accounts and related policies, as well as general questions about program or degree requirements both in person and over the phone.
Distinguishing Career Features:
The Student Services Specialist positions differ from the other administrative positions due to the nature of student interaction and services at a branch campus. The Student Services specialist is distinguished by greater processing of work and performing a variety of clerical, administrative and facility- related functions, which requires a great degree of independent judgment.
Terms of Employment:
• This position in located on the Madras Campus.
• This is a part-time (.75 FTE, 30hr week) 9.5-month non-exempt position at grade level 12 in the Classified Appendix schedule.
• Requires flexible work schedule, which may include evenings and/or weekends as well as travel throughout the district when needed.
• Upon hire, must pass criminal and/or driving history; only information relevant to the position will be considered.
•Performs basic to moderate clerical and administrative support to the Campus, faculty, and staff; which includes assisting with mail, convey policies and procedures, data entry and recording, prepare invoices, tracking and receiving billing items.
•Provides customer service in person, by telephone, or via electronic communications. Serves as point of contact for inquiries to students and community members, which includes receiving and responding to routine information about COCC degrees, programs, and student services, registration, placement testing, advising, financial aid, and advising services.
•Performs specialized duties to provide services to students, such as proctoring exams, providing computer lab support, scheduling placement testing, and admission activities.
•Processes general cash/check/credit card payments regarding student services, fees or fines, and other related payments on student accounts.
•Communicates with other departments, local high school, community organizations, and other outside agencies to exchange information and coordinate activities.
•Schedules appointments and arranges for meetings or conferences and coordinates meeting materials and logistics. May attend meetings to take notes or represent the assigned area in meetings.
•Establishes and maintains complex filing and record systems, general bookkeeping duties, and maintains an adequate supply of office materials and supplies.
•Ensures that the building and assigned areas are prepared and ready for business operations. Reports any building or set-up problems to the Campus Administrator.
•Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform these essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1.Skill in the operation of modern office equipment, software systems, and standard office equipment, internet searches, Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and systems or software unique to the assigned area.
2.Knowledge of business English, spelling, math and vocabulary.
3.Knowledge of general College and departmental procedures and inter-relationship between the various agencies.
4.Skill in providing customer service to a diverse audience through a variety of media.
5.Skill in anticipating and providing administrative support services in a broad range of areas
6.within an assigned area.
7.Skill in problem-solving, multi-tasking, and time management.
8.Ability to perform responsible clerical and administrative duties with accuracy.
9.Ability to provide technical guidance accurately to customers, students, staff, and the general public.
10.Ability to compose correspondence with only general instructions.
11.Ability to communicate effectively with the public, COCC staff, third-party service providers, and others.
12.Ability to display patience in interactions with students and community visitors who do not have experience with the educational process.
13.Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using the English language with or without the use of auxiliary aids or an interpreter.
14.Ability to develop cooperative working relationships with people from different cultural backgrounds and other aspects of human diversity.
Incumbent must be able to function effectively indoors in an office environment engaged in work of primarily a sedentary nature. Requires the ability to sit or stand at workstation for extended periods. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms.
Requires near visual acuity to read written materials, write and read computer screens. Requires sufficient hearing and speech ability, for ordinary telephonic conversations.
Occasional lifting up to 25lbs. All individuals are required to perform essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Work hours are determined by the supervisor and vary based on business needs and locations. Position assignments may be assigned an alternate schedule to service the campus needs, such as a regular schedule of Monday to Thursday early evenings and weekends.Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
The goal of Central Oregon Community College is to provide an atmosphere that encourages our faculty, staff and students to realize their full potential. In support of this goal, it is the policy of Central Oregon Community College that there will be no discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, disability, sex, martial status, national origin, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status or any other protected classes under Federal and State statutes in any educational programs, activities or employment. Persons having questions about equal opportunity and nondiscrimination should contact the Equal Employment Officer, c/o COCC’s Human Resource office at 541-383-7216.Minimum Qualifications:
1.High School Diploma or equivalent providing basic reading, writing, mathematical skills.
2.One (1) year of customer service and demonstrated administrative skills, preferably in the functional area of assignments.
The College recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal higher education and paid employment. Applicants who do not meet minimum qualifications but present other qualifications or experience equivalent to those required will be considered and are encouraged to apply. To qualify under equivalency, applicants must indicate how they qualify by responding to the supplemental question presented during the application process.
Necessary Special Qualifications:
•For positions outside the Bend campus location, training at other campus locations may be required.
•For positions with financial transactional duties, a credit history check may be required.
•Experience in higher education environment.
•Bilingual candidates welcome to apply.
Note that you will be required to upload/create the required documents indicated in this posting at the time you apply. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to upload all required documents, including transcript(s). If you have questions please contact Human Resources at 541-383-7216.Is a Criminal History Check required?YesIs a Credit History Check Required?NoOpen Until FilledNoSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education?
- No High School Diploma or GED
- High School Diploma or GED
- Professional Certification or License (not a degree)
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree in Progress
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree In Progress
- Masters Degree
- Ph.D. in Progress
- Other Doctorate Level Degree
- * Define customer service, then describe how you provide the best customer service.
(Open Ended Question)
- * While this is only a preference for the position, please describe your work experience in a higher education setting supporting Instruction and/or Administration.
(Open Ended Question)
- The College recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal higher education and paid employment. Applicants who do not meet minimum qualifications, but present other qualifications or experience equivalent to those required will be considered and are encouraged to apply. There may be other requirements where an equivalency is acceptable. Please be aware that applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements and do not provide an equivalency statement will not be selected for an interview.Your statement should make clear the requirement you are addressing. Example: The position requires a Master’s degree. You have a Bachelor’s degree and work experience when combined you feel is equivalent to the degree requirement. Please make clear why you feel it is equivalent.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you a U.S. military veteran? (COCC provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment. To receive veterans preference in this recruitment process, you must upload your DD214 or DD215 form as supporting documentation. You will have the opportunity to upload the document in the next step of this application process.)
- Yes, I am a veteran
- No, I am not a veteran
- If you have identified yourself as a qualified veteran or disabled veteran by submitting your DD214 or DD215 form as proof of veteran status, please describe any transferable skills earned during your military service that you feel relate to the requirements/preferences of this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Background checks are required for all employees of COCC. Should an offer of employment be made to you and accepted by you, you will receive an email from COCC / HireRight Screening requesting your consent and basic information to complete the check. The offer of employment will be conditional upon satisfactory completion of the criminal background check. Confirmed findings on a criminal background check will not automatically disqualify you from being hired into a position. Results are evaluated on a case-by-case basis, considering the job responsibilities and other risk factors. Additional information regarding COCC’s criminal history check policy can be found online in the General Procedures Manual, Section HR-2-1. Please indicate here if you will provide consent to the criminal history check when requested by the College:
- Yes, I will provide my consent when requested
- No, I will not provide my consent when requested
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- College Transcript 1 (unofficial)
- College Transcript 2 (unofficial)
- College Transcript 3 (unofficial)
- College Transcript 4 (unofficial)
- US Military DD 214
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
- Other Document 5
- License or Certification