Adjunct Lecturer, Information Technology ProgramsLocation:
New Orleans Area & RemoteOpen Date:
Oct 7, 2019Description:
The Information Technology Programs Dept. at Tulane University’s School of Professional Advancement (SoPA) seeks qualified individuals for its part-time adjunct lecturer pool and welcomes applicants at any time. The specific courses involved will vary from semester to semester; openings to teach these courses develop on a periodic basis depending on department teaching needs. SoPA courses may be taught at the Uptown campus, Elmwood campus, or online.
The anticipated need is for adjunct lecturers to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Information Technology that may include but are not limited to courses on our website at:
- B.S. in Information Technology (see “Major Requirements”):
- M.P.S. in Information Technology Management:
- M.P.S. in Cybersecurity Management:
- Course Descriptions for all courses (UG & Grad) are here:
- Direct professional experience related to course offering is preferred
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar is required, doctorate/terminal degree is preferred. Candidates with a non-Information Technology Degrees may still be considered in lieu of the requisite technology Master’s Degree based on:
- the level of industry experience in technical position
- minimum of 18 higher education credit hours in the subject matter being taught
- Consistent access to broadband internet services
- Consistent access/use to a computer/laptop to use for University business capable of running modern browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Excellent organizational and planning skills are required
- University-level teaching experience is preferred
Candidates must apply through Interfolio and provide an updated cover letter and CV.
Additional materials for submission may include sample syllabi of courses taught, teaching evaluations from courses taught, and letters of recommendation.