Adjunct Lecturer, Emergency & Security Studies ProgramLocation:
New Orleans Area & RemoteOpen Date:
Oct 7, 2019Description:
The Emergency Management Program at Tulane University’s School of Professional Advancement (SoPA) seeks qualified individuals for its part-time Adjunct Lecturer pool and welcomes applicants at any time. The specific courses involved will vary from semester to semester; openings to teach these courses develop on a periodic basis depending on department teaching needs. SoPA courses may be taught at the Uptown campus, Elmwood campus, or online.
The anticipated need is for Adjunct Lecturers to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Emergency Management that may include but are not limited to:
- Introduction to Emergency Management
- Business Continuity
- Emergency Management Administration
- Approaches to Counter-Terrorism
- Several years of professional experience directly related to course offering
- University-level teaching experience is preferred
- Master’s degree in relevant field is required; doctorate is preferred
Candidates must apply in Interfolio and provide an updated CV. Additional materials for submission may include sample syllabi of courses taught, teaching evaluations from courses taught, and letters of recommendation.