Research Technician III (Limited Term)
Job Purpose: Provide professional level support to a school or research laboratory within the Institute in conducting and reporting results of tests and experiments. Includes coordination of lab testing processes, analysis of data and protocol design.
- Compile and analyze tests data and report findings.
- Prepare statistical analyses and maintain related databases.
- Operate or advise in the operation various equipment used in research studies.
- Investigate and propose alternative experiment procedures.
- Participate as directed in experiment design and preparation.
- Participate as directed in preparation of presentations and manuscripts.
- Train in laboratory processes and proper use of laboratory equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Two to three years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires working knowledge of the principles and practices of scientific and related laboratory operations. Includes skill in data organization, management and evaluation; statistical analysis; project organization; and, use of advanced statistical and scientific computer applications.
- Preferred Education: Master’s degree in a relevant field of statistics, biostatistics computer science with experience in biostatistical analysis of MS-based metabolomics/lipidomics data.
- Preferred Work Experience: One to two years’experience in biostatistical analysis of omics data, including proteomic,metabolomic, and/or lipidomic datasets.
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Demonstrated knowledge ofbioinformatic software and pipelines such as compound discoverer. Demonstratedexpertise in computer programming in scripting languages including Python, R,and/or C. Knowledge and use of cloud computing environments.
Additional tasks may include:
Additional Information: This is a“limited term” position and employment is ultimately contingent upon availablefunding and business needs.
Please attach a resume and cover letter, including salaryrequirements, with this application. Please name each file “Last Name_FirstInitial – Cover Letter” or “Last Name_First Initial – Resume.”
The pre-employment process may include skills testing and assessments. Thesuccessful candidate must also be able to pass a background check which willinclude a credit check.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: academic and research faculty, staff and students. This position typically will advise and counsel: academic and research faculty, staff and students. This position will supervise: NA.
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Executive VP of Research
Job Posting: Oct 7, 2019, 2:38:32 PM