General Maintenance Mechanic
General Maintenance Mechanic
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Maintenance & Operations
10/22/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Under direction, perform a wide variety of maintenance and repair work on campus facilities and vehicles at the semi-skilled to skilled level; perform related duties as required.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Replace and repair plumbing fixtures.
• Check water and irrigation pipes for leaks and pressure; make repairs when necessary.
• Repair and maintain pumps, piping, gaskets, strainers, and filters in swimming pools; monitor and maintain correct chemical balance of water; change out air conditioning filters; monitor chemicals in the central plant.
• Perform preventative maintenance and minor repairs on gasoline and diesel motor vehicles, motorized gardening equipment, electric carts and wheelchairs; spot weld as necessary.
• Hang and repair doors; repair and assemble furniture; adjust automatic openers; install and rekey locks.
• Build and repair items of wood such as partitions, counters, cabinets, shelves, frames, and scaffolds.
• Paint interior and exterior surfaces of buildings; scrape and sand surfaces; repair plaster and other wall surfaces.
• Replace window glass, light fixtures, and ballasts.
• Lay, regrout, or repair tile on floors, walls, or countertops; lay carpet.
• Coordinate work with and assist other maintenance workers as required
• Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment (light bulbs, florescent tubes, plugs, switches, etc.).
• Repair/replace 120-volt receptacles, switches, light ballasts, etc.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• One (1) year of job-related experience.
• Experience working in a related field.
• Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of a community college environment.
• Knowledge of:
◦ Methods, tools, and equipment used in maintenance and repair.
◦ Operations and servicing of gasoline and diesel motor vehicles, motorized gardening equipment, electric carts, and wheelchairs.
◦ Procedures used to paint and install flooring.
• Ability to:
◦ Adapt to changing work priorities.
◦ Meet deadlines and schedules.
• Demonstrated skill in:
◦ Building and repairing partitions, counters, shelves, etc.
◦ Painting and performing flooring work..
MEETING MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS DOES NOT ASSURE THE CANDIDATE OF AN INTERVIEW. Applications will be evaluated taking into account the breadth and depth of relevant education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities.
• Working hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 4:00pm. Hours may vary according to the assignment.
• A valid California driver's license is required.
• Ability to pass a post-offer, pre-employment physical.
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified.
• Cover Letter
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time, 12-month, classified bargaining unit position located at the Rancho Cucamonga Campus. Start date: as soon as possible. Range 15 of the CSEA Salary Schedule with starting salary of Step A, $3,833/month. Excellent benefit package.
To Apply, visit:
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency