Fiscal Officer Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201909236681 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $50,000 - $98,600 Position Information The Financial Aid Fiscal Officer coordinates and manages over $350 million yearly in grant, scholarship, loan, and work-study financial aid funds. Responsible for using multiple mainframe and PC systems employed to allocate awards, disburse, refund, reconcile, and report financial aid award activity. Please note: A Cover Letter is required. The budgeted hiring range for this position is up to $74,300. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Experience Experience Requirement 2 - 4 years of related experience. Required
Minimum Requirements Demonstrated ability to use spreadsheet and database software for moderately complex financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Some knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
Intermediate knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities
Ability to function as a member of a team.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills at all levels within the unit; service orientation; critical thinking; attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, organizational skills.
Ability to gather reasonably retrievable information, organizes, and performs basic financial analysis assignments.
Preferred Qualifications Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position