Information & Process Analyst
The Enterprise Applications and Solutions Integration (EASI) department within the Chief Information Officer’s (CIO) Division is a central department responsible for all matters pertaining to the development, maintenance and effectiveness of the core administrative management and student systems at the U of T. Included within these responsibilities are all central SAP systems, such as Financial Services, Human Resources, Research Administration and Procurement; the central U of T Student System (ROSI); approximately 40 related vendor and specialized web applications, as well as central Business Intelligence and Document Management applications.
Under the general direction of the Manager, Enterprise Shared Services, you will be part of a dynamic, collaborative and innovative team focused on delivering transformational technology solutions to the University. Through your efforts in this position, you will directly help improve the University’s information and services management initiatives.
You will be responsible for designing, building, and delivering services management solutions (primarily using the ServiceNow platform) to help improve University information and business processes. You will work cooperatively with a team of technical specialists to ensure the efficient, effective, and secure use of resources while contributing to and supporting ServiceNow solutions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing user needs and business processes to create programming solutions
- Designing, testing, and modifying programming code
- Analyzing programming solutions to ensure compliance with best practices and industry standards
- Analyzing and making recommendations for programming enhancements
- Evaluating programming code to ensure it has validity, compatibility, and that it meets appropriate standards
- Troubleshooting issues uncovered by testing or user feedback
- Conducting needs assessments to determine end-user technical requirements
- Serving as a resource to others by providing (non-supervisory) job-related guidance
- Bachelor's Degree in information studies, computer science, computer engineering, or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum three (3) years' of recent and relevant experience working with and supporting service management systems (preferably ServiceNow).
- Experience in a mature development team, ideally in an agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) environment.
- Experience coding efficient, object-oriented and modularized software.
- Demonstrated experience working with relational databases and/or database driven applications.
- Proven track-record of client-centric application design and support (use cases, personas, etc.).
- Experience designing and implementing solutions that ensure security, integrity, scalability and consistency of critical user data.
- Demonstrated proficiency in ServiceNow technologies.
- Familiarity with SDLC practices (DevOps, Test Driven Development, etc.).
- Strong analytical, estimating and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to communicate professionally and efficiently both verbally and in writing.
- Strong time management skills to permit simultaneous action on many tasks, many of which will demand timely completion.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies, business analysis practices and process design.
- Strong commitment to high quality service.
- Strong initiative and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong computer skills in the Office365 platform with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; proficient with SharePoint, OneDrive, and Teams.
- ServiceNow System Administrator and Application Developer certifications; ITIL Foundations (or higher) certification.
- Development experience in ServiceNow application customization and ServiceNow scripting, or similar cloud request management platform.
- Knowledge of ITSM processes in an academic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with multiple priorities, often with time constraints and short deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Service and detailed oriented.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Motivated self-learner
- Problem solver
- Team player
Department: Enterprise Applications & Solutions Integration
Campus: St. George (downtown Toronto)
Job Field: Information Technology
Job Posting: Oct 7, 2019
Job Closing: Oct 17, 2019, 10:59:00 PM