Groundskeeper IIThe University of Southern Mississippi is currently accepting applications for the position of Groundskeeper II.
Position Details LocationHattiesburg
118 College Drive
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, 39406-0001
United States DivisionGrounds Maintenance Position TypeStaff Employment StatusFull Time Grant FundedNo Salary Range10.10 - 10.10 Posting Close DateOpen Until Filled
Performs complex grounds maintenance tasks to ensure the upkeep of University grounds and related areas.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plants trees, shrubs, flowers, and grass; trims and edges around walks, flower beds, and walls using clippers and edging tools; prunes shrubs and hedges to shape and improve growth; and rakes and removes leaves.
- Cleans drainage ditches and culverts; hauls debris to dumping area.
- Cuts lawns using hand mower, power mowers, or tractors equipped with attachments.
- Picks up trash and debris from campus grounds, streets, and walks.
- Sprays lawns, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer or insecticide.
- Waters lawns and shrubs during dry periods using hose or by activating fixed or portable sprinkler systems.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MS Valid Drivers License.
About The University of Southern Mississippi
The University of Southern Mississippi (USM) is a comprehensive public research institution delivering transformative programs on campuses in Hattiesburg and Long Beach, at teaching and research sites in central and southern Mississippi, as well as online. Founded in 1910, USM is one of only 130 universities in the nation to earn the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education's "R1: Doctoral Universities - Very high research activity" designation, and its robust research enterprise includes experts in ocean science and engineering, polymer science and engineering, and sport venue safety and security, among others. USM is also one of only 40 institutions in the nation accredited in theatre, art and design, dance and music. As an economic driver, USM generates an annual economic impact of more than $600 million across the state. USM welcomes a diverse student body of approximately 15,000, representing 71 countries, all 50 states, and every county in Mississippi. USM students have collected four Truman Scholarships and 36 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships, while also leading Mississippi with 24 Goldwater Scholarships, an honor that recognizes the next generation of great research scientists. Home to the Golden Eagles, USM competes in 17 Division I sports sponsored by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). For more information, visit www.usm.edu.As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer/Americans with Disabilities Act institution, The University of Southern Mississippi encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.