Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Accountancy
The School of Accountancy at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) has the need to hire one or more Assistant/Associate/Full Professors to teach in its Bachelor’s/Master’s/Doctoral of Accounting program. Positions are subject to funding. Responsibilities include delivering quality instruction in the program, mentoring students, and participating in scholarship activities serving the college, university or local community as needed.
The Robert C. Vackar College of Business and Entrepreneurship (VCOBE) commenced operations in Fall 2015. VCOBE is the result of the combination of two successful legacy business schools, and is committed to perpetuating advancement of the Rio Grande Valley by pursuing a mission, objectives, and strategies consistent with the guiding principles of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) adopted by the Board of Regents of The University of Texas System, and that reflect the faculty’s and staff’s commitment to continuous improvement in the areas of teaching, research, and service.
• PhD with a concentration or major in Accounting, from an AACSB accredited institution or equivalent (ABD’s will be considered)
• Scholarly Academic (SA) status at time of appointment
• Effective and successful teaching record, and willingness to teach both online and face-to-face
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills
• Record of, or potential for, high quality scholarly research and publications
• Professional certification (CPA, CMA, CIA, etc.)
• Ability to work with doctoral students
• Faculty for higher rank must have a distinguished record of publication.