The HRIS Analyst will help support the Workday HCM application and participate in the testing, documentation, and implementation of Human Resources Information System (HRIS) projects. Specifically responsible for troubleshooting HCM related problems; providing HCM support to the user community; analyzing HCM processes; and recommending how processes can be improved or new functionality can be added.
- Actively participates in the planning, development, enhancement and maintenance of the HRIS for Babson which includes developing and maintaining HR applications.
- Performs activities pertaining to the design, implementation, maintenance, and use of the HRIS; evaluates the impact of any new or changed applications to determine their effect on existing applications; and coordinates the conversion of existing applications.
- Responsible for process improvement which includes evaluating existing systems and procedures and providing technical advice and recommendations for changes and improvements; consulting with HR staff to define user needs, reporting requirements and problems; advising on revisions to forms, records and reports to adapt them to the HRIS; and developing applications to be used with existing or new programs to streamline systems and procedures.
- Provides technical support including problem diagnosis, analysis and resolution for a variety of, software, and systems operation problems; oversees repairs and preventative maintenance activities.
- Prepares procedural documentation and training material as needed. Develops, implements, and presents training programs for Human Resources and Babson staff to ensure appropriate and effective use of technology resources.
- Interfaces with vendors and consultants, adheres to the procedures for the protection of, software and data, and acts as a liaison with ITSD, HR staff, employees, and vendors to resolve issues or concerns.
- Responsible for data entry and data integrity in HRIS systems. This may include assisting with entering data as needed, ensuring that accurate data is entered into the system, ensuring that a thorough audit of said data is conducted.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years of experience working with a minimum of 2 years supporting or being a member of a Human Resources department
- Must have knowledge of the principles and practices of Human Resources administration, information systems development, implementation and control requirements
- Must have prior successful experience and skill with interactive on-line data processing systems
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience and knowledge of Workday, specifically with the HCM, Timekeeping, and Payroll applications
- Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Must have excellent collaboration skills and the ability to be effective engaging with all levels within the College
- Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; take thoughtful risks; and accept new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results
- Ability to anticipate and embrace change; demonstrate willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Experience in configuring business processes and integrations is preferred
- Knowledge of the Workday reporting tools is a plus
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Staff
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. Babson College is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.