GMHEC Integration Specialist
Requisition InformationPosition Information Posted with Limited AccessNoLimited Access Period Ending DateTitleGMHEC Integration SpecialistPosting NumberS01370Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-timeTypical Hours Per Week38.75Regular, Temporary or TermIf temporary or term, enter anticipated end dateBenefits Eligible?YesHourly/SalariedBand/LevelEXCLHiring MinimumCommensurate with experienceDepartmentGMHECLocationHire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screeningCriminal Background Check Position Summary Position Summary
Please note: This position is being posted by Middlebury on behalf of the Green Mountain Higher Education Consortium. This is not a Middlebury college position, and as a result is not eligible for Middlebury transfer opportunities, or any Middlebury benefits.
Green Mountain Higher Education Consortium
The Green Mountain Higher Education Consortium, located in Shelburne, Vermont, was founded by Champlain College, Middlebury College and Saint Michael’s College in 2013. The Consortium aims to help its members to lower costs, increase the quality of services and add strategic value to our members.
The Consortium and its members strive to leverage shared technology, create best processes and service our organizations to support each college’s strategic plan. We have implemented Blackbaud RENEXT for Advancement, Oracle Fusion Finance and Procurement and are in the midst of implementing Oracle Fusion Human Capital Management (HCM). In conjunction with these implementations, we are building out our IT support infrastructure.
We provide a meaningful benefits program including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, retirement with a generous match, paid time off and wellbeing program. This position provides a unique learning and career growth opportunity in an innovative environment.
The Integration Specialist is an experienced professional who has a broad understanding of technical architecture, cloud and on-premise application integration to and from Advancement, Finance and HCM systems and the software development life cycle.
As an Integration Specialist, your focus will be on application integration between Oracle Fusion Finance and HCM and other business application providers on the cloud (SaaS) and on premise, including Student Information Systems (SIS) and vendor systems and to a smaller part to and from Blackbaud RENEXT. The Specialist will provide functional and technical support, incident management, upgrade support, testing, as well as end user training to the business. In addition, he / she will work closely with the Consortium’s Oracle Applications Administrator, the Finance and HCM Business Analysts as well as the member Colleges’ IT teams to handle all issues within Oracle Fusion and the associated interfaces to legacy systems, banks, benefit providers and other vendors.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining skills with Oracle Integration Cloud Services (OICS) processes, application integration, along with Oracle API Platform Cloud Services. You will perform varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to maintain current Oracle products and technology and to implement future requests to meet the needs of the Consortium and its member colleges.
The position reports to the Executive Director of the Consortium and will regularly collaborate and engage with the Finance, HR, Advancement and Information Technology teams from our member institutions. Preference is for the position to be located in Shelburne, Vermont but open to remote option subject to some reasonable travel to colleges/consortium.
The successful candidate will be part of a start-up organization servicing three very successful higher education institutions. We are guided by our principles which recognize that our member organizations come first, continuous process improvement is a given, communication is transparent and visible and we value our unique culture which includes being innovative, flexible and focused on wellbeing.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.General Responsibilities
The Integration Specialist responsibilities include:
• Maintain and shift and non-shift support the existing integrations that have been developed for the Finance, HCM (both Oracle) and Advancement (Blackbaud) modules
• Create and review technical designs, develop and review detailed estimates for design and development phases based on requirements and design, create working code and test plans, do unit testing and process testing for newly requested integrations and move integrations into production
• Work collaboratively with the functional teams to ensure requirements and design meet functional needs
• Collaborate with college data governance teams, data owners, and data stewards
• Create, in conjunction with the colleges’ IT departments, an integration strategy and technology standards
• Identify, document and clearly articulate to PMO, leadership and business partners, plans for technology, implications of design, assumptions, constraints, issues and risks
• Build and support all the different components of Oracle Fusion Middleware, BPM, ODI and ADF applications, troubleshoot middle-tier issues and assist developers on infrastructure related issues
• Performance test planning and execution, tuning of Fusion Middleware products, work with Oracle to maximize the environments/platforms that have been implemented
• Administer and configure hands-on multiple cloud solutions and support full software development lifecycle for several projects
• Ensure controls are in place, implement monitoring tools and techniques for the integrations tools and regularly monitor their performance
• Install new middleware software releases and system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve middleware software related problems
• Perform all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, and in accordance with applicable policies and procedures of the Colleges and the Consortium
• Communicate effectively with college and consortium customers via phone calls, emails and in-person
• Maintain confidentiality and privacy of employee and company sensitive data
• Provide PTO coverage for other technical personnel
• Perform other duties as assigned
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related fieldKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Utilize strong functional comprehension and technical expertise
• Articulate strategies, implement policies and write documentation
• Develop and deliver training resources and tools to a wide audience
• Organize and prioritize work, take initiative, resolve problems, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Build strong, positive relationships with external and internal contacts
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Manage and analyze data accurately
• Interpret and apply company policies and procedures
• Maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information with tact and discretion
• Work closely as a team member in a small cooperative, open office environment
• Independently achieve results and self-direct work responsibly
• Meet deadlines for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual duties
• Contribute to a leading edge, creative team that is highly focused on success for our college partners
• Microsoft Office: Word, Excel (including pivots and VLOOKUP), and Outlook as well as Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs) and Adobe Acrobat
• Requirement gathering, configuring the Fusion Middleware system, debugging system issues, documentation, presentations, conducting training sessions to Stakeholders
• Industry standard integration tools and processes as well as ICS, CSV, SFTP, XML, REST and PGP
• Oracle BI Publisher and other Fusion Reporting tools, HDL and FBI import process, UCM file storage
• Developing BPM workflows and development of best practices desired
• Two to five years of building/managing integrations using ICS or other integration platforms
• Experience with master and transactional Data in the Finance/HCM/Student Systems areas
• Working with: Oracle Fusion, Oracle EBS JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, or any other Oracle business applications.
• Working on a 24/7 schedule
To apply, please go to: https://champlain.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Champlain-Employment-Opportunities/job/Miller-Center-at-Lakeside-Avenue-Campus/GMHEC-Integration-Specialist_R-007087
Please note: This position is being posted by Middlebury on behalf of the Green Mountain Higher Education Consortium. This is not a Middlebury college position, and as a result is not eligible for Middlebury transfer opportunities, or any Middlebury benefits.Recommendations
Some postings require contact information for reference providers for confidential letters of recommendation.Recommendation Letter RequirementsSupplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).