GMHEC Oracle Applications Administrator
Requisition InformationPosition Information Posted with Limited AccessNoLimited Access Period Ending DateTitleGMHEC Oracle Applications AdministratorPosting NumberS01374Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-timeTypical Hours Per Week38.75Regular, Temporary or TermIf temporary or term, enter anticipated end dateBenefits Eligible?YesHourly/SalariedBand/LevelEXCLHiring MinimumCommensurate with experienceDepartmentGMHECLocationHire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screeningCriminal Background Check Position Summary Position Summary
Please note: This position is being posted by Middlebury on behalf of the Green Mountain Higher Education Consortium. This is not a Middlebury college position, and as a result is not eligible for Middlebury transfer opportunities, or any Middlebury benefits.
Green Mountain Higher Education Consortium
The Green Mountain Higher Education Consortium, located in Shelburne, Vermont, was founded by Champlain College, Middlebury College and Saint Michael’s College in 2013. The Consortium aims to help its members to lower costs, increase the quality of services and add strategic value to our members.
The Consortium and its members strive to leverage shared technology, create best processes and service our organizations to support each college’s strategic plan. We have implemented Blackbaud RENEXT for Advancement, Oracle Fusion Finance and Procurement and are in the midst of implementing Oracle Fusion Human Capital Management (HCM). In conjunction with these implementations, we are building out our IT support infrastructure.
We provide a meaningful benefits program including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, retirement with a generous match, paid time off and wellbeing program. This position provides a unique learning and career growth opportunity in an innovative environment.
The Oracle Applications Administrator is an experienced professional who has a broad understanding of technical architecture and is responsible for maintaining and administering Oracle Fusion for finance, procurement and budgeting and planning as well as a full suite of HCM modules. The candidate will provide functional and technical support, incident management, instance administration, release management, upgrade support, testing, as well as end-user training to the business. In addition, he / she will manage and oversee any managed service provider. He / she will work closely with the Consortium’s Integration Specialist, the Finance and HCM Business Analysts as well as the member Colleges’ IT teams to handle all issues within Oracle Fusion.
The Oracle Applications Administrator actively participates in projects and enhancements across the business units, and interfaces with the business, gathers requirements, and implements solutions that maximize business value. This role also ensures that long-term solution delivery methodologies are followed and that these methodologies deliver quality, reliability, stability and completeness of all data-related programs while also meeting financial objectives and the needs of the business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining skills with Oracle Fusion and Middleware processes. He/she will perform varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to maintain current Oracle products and technology and to implement future requests to meet the needs of the Consortium and its member colleges. The Administrator is responsible for daily troubleshooting leveraging in-depth technical skills on Oracle Fusion Cloud as well as detailed understanding of Consortium functions and business processes. Adherence to IT best practice standards and processes to develop and implement data solutions that align with executive leadership goals and objectives is a given.
The position reports to the Executive Director of the Consortium and will regularly collaborate and engage with the Finance, HR, Advancement and Information Technology teams from our member institutions. Preference is for the position to be located in Shelburne, Vermont but open to remote option subject to some reasonable travel to colleges/consortium.
The successful candidate will be part of a start-up organization servicing three very successful higher education institutions. We are guided by our principles which recognize that our member organizations come first, continuous process improvement is a given, communication is transparent and visible and we value our unique culture which includes being innovative, flexible and focused on wellbeing.Responsibilities Essential Functions
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.General Responsibilities
- Manage highly scalable and available cloud services
- Develop and test new security roles and update security roles for data access and segment value security for both Oracle Fusion as well as its intersection with budget data
- Develop and test new workflows (BPM) and update existing ones
- Maintain upgrade and patch schedule with Oracle
- Work collaboratively with the functional teams to ensure requirements and design meet functional needs
- Identify, document and clearly articulate to PMO, leadership and business partners, plans for technology, implications of design, assumptions, constraints, issues and risks
- Ensure performance test planning and execution and tuning of Fusion products and work with Oracle to maximize the environments/platforms that have been implemented
- Administer and configure hands-on multiple cloud solutions and support full software development lifecycle for several projects
- Ensure controls are in place, implement monitoring tools and techniques for Fusion and ensure processes are scheduled and are regularly monitored for their performance
- Perform all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, and in accordance with applicable policies and procedures of the Colleges and the Consortium
- Communicate effectively with college and consortium customers via phone calls, emails and in-person
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of employee and company sensitive data
- Provide PTO coverage for other technical personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Utilize strong functional comprehension and technical expertise
- Articulate strategies, implement policies and write documentation
- Develop and deliver training resources and tools to a wide audience
- Organize and prioritize work, take initiative, resolve problems, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Build strong, positive relationships with external and internal contacts
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Manage and analyze data accurately
Interpret and apply company policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information with tact and discretion
- Work closely as a team member in a small cooperative, open office environment
- Independently achieve results and self-direct work responsibly
- Meet deadlines for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual duties
- Contribute to a leading edge, creative team that is highly focused on success for our college partners
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel (including pivots and VLOOKUP), and Outlook as well as Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs) and Adobe Acrobat
- Managing cloud solutions, preferably Oracle Fusion
- Oracle BI Publisher and other Fusion Reporting tools, HDL and FBI import process, UCM file storage
- Developing BPM workflows and development of best practices desired
- Building data and segment value security roles
- Three to seven years of software administration including Oracle application server and Fusion middleware administration
- Working with Oracle Fusion, Oracle EBS JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, or any other Oracle business applications
- Configured and administered JDBC, JMS, JTA, JNDI, Node Manager and SNMP
To apply, please go to: https://champlain.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Champlain-Employment-Opportunities/job/Miller-Center-at-Lakeside-Avenue-Campus/GMHEC-Oracle-Applications-Administrator_R-007108
Please note: This position is being posted by Middlebury on behalf of the Green Mountain Higher Education Consortium. This is not a Middlebury college position, and as a result is not eligible for Middlebury transfer opportunities, or any Middlebury benefits.Recommendations
Some postings require contact information for reference providers for confidential letters of recommendation.Recommendation Letter RequirementsSupplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).