Reporting to the Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Registrar is responsible for coordination and support activities for registrar functions to achieve a strategic, student-centered approach to registrar activities and student records in support of the University’s mission and to integrate student registrar activities with the academic programs of the University.
This position does supervise others.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Interprets and applies college policies and regulations related to Registrar services, including but not limited to explaining, implementing, interpreting, and enforcing academic policies of the University’s undergraduate and graduate faculties.
2. Maintains all official academic records of the University, and disseminates academic regulations and information to the University community.
3. Oversees all administrative functions of the Registrar department by designing workflow, assigning workflow, and supervising employee work activities for all registrar functions, including maintenance of student enrollment records (both hard copy and electronic), transcripts, grades, classroom scheduling, and transcripts, organization of registration procedures.
4. Directs plans and coordinates registration procedures and graduation ceremonies, oversees the scheduling of courses, and provides data and reports.
5. Oversees the process of collection and dissemination of data, providing academic and student data for institutional research, preparing and publishing official enrollment statistics, and other related activities as performed by the Assistant Registrar.
6. Establishes and enforces registration policies and procedures for all University courses.
7. Maintains up-to-date inventory of academic courses offered by the institution. Responsible for updating and publishing on a periodic regular basis, the University catalog
8. Supervises the coordination, evaluation, audits, and certification of all graduation applications, while overseeing the complete graduation process to include elements of the rehearsal and ceremony.
9. Certifies degrees for undergraduate and graduate students.
10. Conducts FERPA related training to faculty and staff.
11. Administers academic policies related to degree requirements and the requirements and credit distribution of major programs of study; and, works cooperatively with Academic Affairs leadership to determine the educational course requirements for graduation within each degree program.
12. Prepares and distributes class rosters and other enrollment information, processes grades and makes available grade reports and degree progress reports, and plans and coordinates registration activities.
13. Responsible for collecting, recording, maintaining, reporting, and publishing of student enrollment records data within FERPA guidelines, e.g., grades, registration data, transcripts, mid-term verification, and other audits and reports as required.
14. Maintains and secures official academic records of the University. Maintains student records and manages the student information system according to the guidelines of the AACRAO.
15. Ensures security and integrity of student records in accordance with FERPA regulations, National Student Clearing House, IPEDS, and regional accrediting principles.
16. Works cooperatively with the Vice President for Technology Systems for the appropriate management and incorporation of student records archiving, retrieval and tracking. Also supports the university with the implementation of new data management systems for students.
17. Evaluates transfer student transcripts credit and assists departments in evaluating transcripts for credit in majors.
18. Works with faculty in establishing academic calendar and class schedule.
19. Maintains a website to include information about registration, commencement, the University calendar, and academic policies.
20. Organizes and distributes information to faculty concerning students; and, distributes information from faculty to students as needed.
21. Provides statistical data as required by state and federal agencies; and, provides appropriate statistical data and reports as requested by various university administrative departments.
22. Manages degree auditing system and advisement of students advancing in their degree completion.
23. Works cooperatively with the Director of Financial Aid to ensure accurate student enrollment reporting to government agencies.
24. Creates regular and extemporized reports utilizing a variety of technological tools.
25. Regularly assesses program functions to assure compliance within operating rules, regulations, policies and procedures; advises supervisor promptly of any programmatic irregularities.
26. Assures the integrity of all student data in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
27. Explores program options and devising innovative strategies, policies and/or programs for goal attainment and process improvements to reach Registrar goals and objectives.
28. Prepares required reports; analyzes date to determine student registration status, and to draw conclusions and/or make recommendations for process improvement.
29. Develops relationships and maintains effective communications with diverse groups, internal and external, in support of the institution’s mission.
30. Operates effectively within established budgetary guidelines.
31. Represents institution at functions upon request.
32. Serves on administrative committees as assigned.
33. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Master’s degree in student services, educational administration, educational leadership or a related degree, from an accredited college or university preferred.
2. Must have experience working in the CAMS Enterprise System a database system for student records.
3. Experience participating in strategic management planning, goal setting, and outcome based assessment preferred.
4. Minimum of two years of work experience at the assistant registrar level or higher preferred.
5. Strong leadership and management skills and the ability to direct and supervise employees in support of the institution’s Enrollment Services goals.
6. Self-motivated with higher ability to work independently.
7. Knowledge of trends and developments in student registration and demonstrated commitment to higher education.
8. Proficiency in the use of research, statistical analysis and information technologies.
9. Impeccable judgment and integrity.
10. Ability to manage confidential information.
11. Ability to relate effectively with multiple constituencies.
12. Exceptional interpersonal, teambuilding and problem-solving skills.
13. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other standard computer software programs.
14. Excellent written and oral communication skills. No relocation expenses provided
Apply for Registrar
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly