Part-time Coordinator, Employer Connections
Advancement efforts at the University of Denver have a tremendous impact for our students and our community through enhanced resources secured from donors for scholarships, faculty positions, pioneering programs, and innovative facilities. Building lifelong relationships with our alumni, families, and friends is also a high institutional priority, understanding that consistent engagement and outreach efforts year after year will be required to build the culture of engagement and philanthropy that the University seeks. Advancement professionals at the University of Denver are relationship-focused, alumni and donor-centric, collaborative, ethical, and results-oriented. We are committed to unwavering standards of excellence and consistently challenge ourselves and each other to strive toward higher levels of achievement.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director of Employer Connections, the Program Coordinator will act as an extension of the Employer Connections team by providing administrative support for employer relationship building as well as owning logistic details of major events (Career Fairs). The Program Coordinator will also develop strong internal ties throughout the University of Denver to help employers navigate the complexities of our campus. S/he will represent the Employer Connections team through varied communication channels so high levels of written and oral communication skills are key to the success of this role. S/he will also collaborate as a liaison to employer relations professionals embedded in the Sturm College of Law, Daniels College of Business, and Korbel School of International Studies.
The successful candidate must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, multi-tasking environment and work with different teams within the Career & Professional Development community. Must be available to work some evenings with responsibilities to assist with employers and events. Must demonstrate a commitment to the principles of multiculturalism and diversity through involvement and participation in university/division-wide projects and initiatives. To review Inclusive Excellence at DU, please visit http://www.du.edu/cme/ie_du.html
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from employers, staff, faculty, students, alumni, and the general public in an engaging and professional manner.
- High level of emotional intelligence demonstrated in previous work experiences, as well as outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, exhibiting strategic thinking, sound judgment, initiative, and flexibility.
- Knowledge of pertinent EEO laws and National Association for Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Professional Conduct.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with systems, databases, software, social media, and technologies used to manage employers, recruiting, including career management systems such as 12Twenty, Handshake, Symplicity or other similar technologies.
- Knowledge of the DU Impact 2025 strategic plan.
- Ability to be entrepreneurial, creative, and comfortable with change.
- High school diploma
- (Veterans with equivalent combination of military certification/education and experience may substitute)
- 3 years of professional work experience in an administrate or office support role.
- Demonstrated customer service background.
- Associates degree or equivalent amount of coursework towards a bachelor's degree
- Higher education experience within career services
- Demonstrated experience with navigating customer services technology.
- Proven experience building successful relationships with external stakeholders.
- Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.; some nights and weekends, as required; not to exceed 1,000 hours per calendar year
The pay for this position is $18.00-$20.00 hourly
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on October 14, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.