Biology Adjunct Instructor (Environmental Sciences) for Dual Enrollment Program
MONTEREY PENINSULA COLLEGE
invites applications for the position of:
Biology Adjunct Instructor (Environmental Sciences) for Dual Enrollment Program @ Marina High School
SALARY: See Position Description
OPENING DATE: 09/27/19
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Monterey Peninsula College is offering college-level courses to high school students. MPC is currently accepting applications to teach courses in Biology -Environment Science in Spring 2020 as part of the Dual Enrollment Program at Marina High School. Other environmental science courses at MPC may also be available for assignment. Position open until filled.
Course Title: BIOL 31 - Environmental Science
Scheduled Days: Monday and Thursday
Scheduled Times: 9:50 AM - 11:20 AM (2/3/20 - 6/4/20)
Course Description: This course is a survey of the fundamental political, economic, and ecological principles that define the important environmental issues of our time. Topics include ecology, climate change, biodiversity, energy, and sustainability.
Hourly Rate of Pay is based on education.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
The instructor will be assigned to teach these courses as part of the Dual Enrollment Program at Marina High School.
Under the general supervision of the Division or Department Chair and the Assistant Principal of Marina High School, the adjunct instructor will provide instruction in accordance with course descriptions, outlines, class schedules, and Governing Board policy; evaluate the progress of students concerning educational matters, and perform other instructional related duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meet each scheduled class and teach or conduct learning exercises for the entire period.
• Contact the appropriate Division Chair and the Marina High School Administrator in advance to make arrangements for unavoidable absences.
• Provide each student at the beginning of the course with written information about the course, to include a full description of the grading system and how the student will be evaluated.
• Accurately keep required class records on attendance, withdrawal, and grading.
• Submit when due, all necessary reports such as attendance and grade reports, roll books, and class information sheets, and certify as to their accuracy.
• Comply with all institutional policies and procedures.
• Give careful attention to all bulletins, memorandums, and emails from administrative offices. Check faculty mailbox and MPC email frequently.
• Master's degree in any biological science OR
• Bachelor's degree in any biological science AND
• master's degree in biochemistry, biophysics, or marine science OR
• The equivalent. (Equivalency Form must be submitted for consideration) AND
• A sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
WORK SCHEDULE / SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
During the application process, you will be asked to submit the following items:
• Cover Letter
◦ We require unofficial copies showing all undergraduate and graduate coursework. Official copies will be required at the time of hire. Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by the applicant's expense. Click here for a list of Foreign Transcript Evaluation Services.
• Equivalency Form (optional, based on minimum qualifications)
◦ If you do not meet the minimum qualifications listed in the job announcement, but you believe you possess minimum qualifications that are equivalent, you will need to complete the equivalency forms. Equivalency Form (click here)
Please do not upload any items not listed above (such as letters of recommendation), as they will not be forwarded to the hiring committee.
• Teaching assignments are part-time and temporary in nature. The District retains the right of assignment. Assignments are subject to Governing Board approval, adequate enrollment size, and assignment to a contract instructor.
• Offer and assignment of employment are subject to verification of all information provided on the employment application, credentials, transcripts, TB clearance, and fingerprint check as required.
Monterey Peninsula College actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants interested in working in an environment that values flexibility, openness to change, collaboration, respect for others and their points of view, and involvement in College activities, all with the goal of meeting the needs of our diverse student population. The District does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation in any of its policies, practices, or procedures.
The District is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the District is to encourage applications from all persons. No person shall be denied employment because of ethnicity or race, color, sex or gender, gender identity, age, religion, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, medical conditions, status as a Vietnam-era veteran, ancestry, or political or organizational affiliation.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mpc/jobs/2585783-0/biology-adjunct-instructor-environmental-sciences-for-dual-enrollment-program
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency