Groundskeeper II (Cobb County Research Facility)
DescriptionJob Purpose: Perform general and specialized landscape and grounds maintenance activities to include plantings, chemical applications and equipment maintenance.Major Responsibilities:
- Maintain trees, shrubs, groundcovers and flower beds by planting, fertilizing, mulching, watering, pruning etc.
- Transport equipment and personnel via motor vehicle to and from job sites.
- Perform Lawn & Maintenance Operations to include mowing, line trimming, edging, aeration, fertilization, lime application, etc.
- Keeps Institute's landscape and grounds free of debris, trash, branches and leaves, remove ice, empty trash receptacles, clean storm drains and ash urns.
- Apply integrated pest management principles to maintain the Institute's lawn, trees, shrubs, groundcover, and flowers, through cultural practices and chemical use.
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment to include pressure washers, blowers, weed eaters, etc.
- Complete daily grounds maintenance reports.
- May provide or assist in training to new employees.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma/GED or Vocational School Diploma
- Work Experience: One to two years job related experience
- Certifications: Valid Driver's License
- Skills: This job requires working knowledge of grounds maintenance processes and practices including operation and maintenance of related equipment, use of radio communications equipment and operation of a motor vehicle.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: N/A
Primary Location: Georgia-Smyrna
Organization: Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
Job Posting: Oct 6, 2019, 11:00:00 PM