Associate Director - Research Security
DescriptionJob Purpose: Plan and direct an assigned segment of GTRI's Research Security Organization which is charged with implementing and managing policies, programs and procedures that safeguard and control classified materials and maintain physical security in compliance with applicable governmental regulations. An Associate Director's individual area of management responsibility may include one or more of the following areas: document control, clearance administration, guard force contract management, information systems security, visitor control and area access management. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing employee performance and providing feedback, and making pay recommendations.Major Responsibilities:
- Plan and organize security functions within assigned area; monitor ongoing operations ensuring compliance with applicable policies and regulations.
- Administer area budget.
- Participate in formulation of strategic plans for overall security operations.
- Confer with governmental agency personnel as required regarding security related issues.
- Review existing security policies and procedures within assigned area; make recommendation for new or revised policy as appropriate.
- May develop and conduct security related training and orientation programs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Six to eight years job related experience
- Certifications: DoD Security Clearance - Top Secret level
- Skills: This job requires advanced knowledge of industrial security management principles and practices including in depth familiarity with Department of Defense and other government agency issued rules and regulations applicable to area of responsibility. Skills in personnel organization and management, communications and customer service are required as is use of office and specialized security computer applications and databases.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice or a closely related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: Industrial Security Professional (ISP) through the National Classification Management Society (NCMS) or Certified Protection Professional (CPP) through the American Society of Industrial Security (ASIS) International
- Preferred Skills: Microsoft (MS) operating systems, MS office suites, Security Information Management System (SIMS), Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), Industrial Security Facility Database (ISFD), Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP), Secure Web Fingerprint Transmission (SWFT) and Electronic Facility Clearance (eFCL) database.
Job: Lab Support
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
Job Posting: Nov 18, 2019, 12:52:49 PM