Assistant Professor of Writing
Position Title: Tenure-Track Assistant Professor
Summary: The Department of Writing and the Digital Studies Minor seeks to fill a (9-month) jointly appointed tenure-track position beginning August 6, 2020.
Required Qualifications and Education:
· Ph.D. in Rhetoric and Professional or Technical Communication, Writing, English, or closely related field is required. ABD will be considered for a two-year contract with provision that a Ph.D. must be completed by December 2021.
· Candidates must have teaching and/or research experience in business/professional communication and digital rhetoric.
· Candidates should also demonstrate an active research agenda.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
· Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with digital gaming literacies and teaching online.
· Others areas of interest include one or more of the following: digital ethics, digital cultures, web writing, and/or social media. Candidates should also demonstrate an active research agenda.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
· The typical teaching load is three courses per semester split between the Department of Writing and the Digital Studies Minor. For administrative purposes, the Department of Writing is the home unit.
· All candidates will be expected to meet university expectations in the areas of teaching, scholarly activity, and service.
Salary: The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications (includes health and retirement benefits).
Department/Division: Department of Writing /College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Digital Studies Minor /Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies
Campus: Allendale, Pew, and/or Muskegon
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application allows you to attach these documents electronically. The application requires you to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline Date: Review of applications will begin November 15, 2019 and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University. We plan to conduct online interviews with selected candidates and then bring finalists to campus.
Allendale, Michigan 49401 - (616) 331-5000
For more information about Grand Valley, see our website at www.gvsu.edu
Grand Valley State University is an EOE which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. See http://www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.