Research Administrative Operations Specialist Sr
DescriptionJob Purpose: Lead and coordinate all administrative services within a small to moderate size campus unit or part of services function within a larger unit.Areas of responsibility will include research faculty affairs,including oversight of hiring and immigration petitions.Major Responsibilities:
- Work with unit/department administrative leadership to manage hiring processes for research faculty and Tech Temps.Process Research hires,promotions,raises,etc.in GT TRACS.
- Provide guidance and provide performance feedback to faculty support coordinators relating to research faculty.
- Define and communicate administrative staff duties.
- Responsible for ensuring processing of research faculty hiring packages, checking for completeness in adherence to Institute and Board of Regents policies.
- Manage visa requests for initial DS2019 or H1B visas for research faculty hires.
- Develop and implement academic research administrative processes and procedures consistent with overall Institute's administrative policy.
- Approving purchasing activities for chemical and lab supplies including review and approval preparation of purchasing documents, ordering and maintaining supplies.
- Advise and manage promotion and salary increase request process for research faculty.
- Manage and advise Principal Investigators on visa processes,such as extensions and changes in status.
- Provide additional administrative support to research faculty as needed and other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work Experience: Five to seven years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires excellent customer service methods applicable in higher education; proven ability to manage time and adapt to changing priorities; working knowledge of office related computer applications; excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to multi-task. Display organization and attention to detail; ability to interact professionally in a multi-cultural environment.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Supervisory skills; working knowledge related to support of research faculty in and academic research environment; ability to work autonomously across multiple areas of responsibility.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a regular basis with: deans, faculty and staff. This position typically will advise and counsel: faculty, staff and faculty support staff. This position will supervise: NA
Job: Administrative Support
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: College of Sciences
Job Posting: Oct 4, 2019, 10:09:40 AM