Job location: Goddard Laboratories
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-10-04
University OverviewThe University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job TitleResearch SpecialistJob Profile TitleResearch Specialist AJob Description SummaryThe research lab of Dr. Rebecca Waller is hiring a full-time research specialist (i.e., study coordinator) to assist in both research and administrative activities.Job Description
The research lab of Dr. Rebecca Waller is hiring a full-time research specialist (i.e., study coordinator) to assist in both research and administrative activities. The successful candidate will have a range of responsibilities, including recruiting participants (children and families), designing and preparing experimental materials, and collecting and analyzing data from behavioral experiments. Administrative responsibilities will include organization of data files including IRB, other human subjects’ compliance, and behavioral data, as well as helping to recruit research participants. There will be many opportunities for scientific involvement in all aspects of research projects in the lab, including journal articles and conference presentations. Thus, this position is an excellent stepping-stone for someone planning to go to graduate school in clinical or developmental psychology, or related fields. The position would start immediately.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or Cognitive Science
- 0-1 year of research experience, preferably with children (an equivalent combination of education and experience can be considered).
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (especially with children and families).
- Be detail-oriented, motivated, creative, organized, and able to work independently
- Experience is required in Microsoft Excel and statistical analysis software (preferably R, SPSS, Mplus, and/or MatLab).
- Be able to jump from low- to high-level amount of work smoothly and work under pressure when deadlines are approaching
- Prior experience in psychology research
- Prior experience collecting psychophysiological data, including eye tracking or physiological data.
- Proficient programming skills, ideally in Python, R, and Matlab.
- Flexible work availability (including evenings and weekends) is desirable.
Please include a cover letter describing interests and career plans and a CV or resume. For more information about the lab, go to www.upennedenlab.com.Job Location - City, StatePhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / SchoolSchool of Arts and SciencesPay Range$32,000.00 - $57,600.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.