Posting DetailsPosting Information Vacancy TypeEHRA Non-FacultyIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleMultimedia SpecialistSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring Range$45,000 - $50,000Position Number00107788Work ScheduleMonday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PMFull Time Equivalent (FTE)1.0Department141901 - Computer Science-engrDepartmentComputer Science-engrJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
The Department of Computer Science is an academic teaching and research department in the College of Engineering. It is a large and complex unit that encompasses research intensive, teaching intensive, and professional activities. It is one of the largest such departments in the nation by the number of faculty and students, and its total budget and size are comparable to some NC State University colleges and divisions.Essential Job Duties
The Center for Educational Informatics is seeking a Multimedia Specialist to participate in research and development activities associated with game-based learning, advanced learning systems, and cutting-edge artificial intelligence. This position involves the design, development, and maintenance of game-based learning environments, intelligent tutoring systems, and intelligent user interfaces.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, developing, testing, maintaining, and documenting interactive software systems.
- Working on the production of interactive multimedia assets for software systems.
- Solving software development issues found in cutting edge research.
- Performing detailed systems analysis to develop implementation strategies and scope projects appropriately.
- Participating in project planning by providing input on project plans and schedules.
- Working closely with researchers and targeted users to help identify usability and system requirements.
- Participating in research projects by contributing to research designs, system prototyping, websites, and preparation of papers, presentations, and reports.
- Giving demonstrations and presentations at meetings and conferences as needed.
- Participating in fielding and deploying software systems at user sites.
This position is contingent upon funding availability.Other Work/Responsibilities
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.Minimum Education/Experience
Bachelor’s degree in art and design, industrial design, computer science, or closely related field and at least 2 years of relevant experience.
Prior programming expertise including experience with C#.
A strong background in using software packages such as Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk Maya, and Unity for building both 2D and 3D interactive content.Departmental Required Skills
- Ability to quickly learn and follow established development processes and standards.
- Ability to take constructive criticism resulting from peer reviews, testing, and client feedback.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required, including the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- A clear understanding of the fundamentals of art and design as well as software design and development practices with demonstrated creativity and imagination.
- Prior experience working in research settings and developing educational software, serious games, and artificial intelligence-based software.
- Experience working with Unity to develop interactive software with a broad understanding of art and software production processes and techniques.
- Previous experience working on projects targeting K-12 students is a plus.
In addition to your application, please submit a CV, cover letter, the contact information to at least 3 professional references, and a research statement.Job Open Date10/01/2019Anticipated Closing DateIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date11/01/2019AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for References
- Research Statement