Testing Clerk 20 hrs
Position DetailsReq ID:req7363Position Title:Testing Clerk 20 hrsPosition Type:Staff Full-TimeOSU Campus:Testing & AssessmentDepartment:Testing & AssessmentLocation Address:
900 N Portland Ave
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107
United States Hiring Supervisor and Contact Info: Michelle DosherHiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding):10.03 - 10.03, Hourly Work Schedule:Varies, occasionally includes some evenings and weekends. Job Summary:
The Testing Center Clerk performsdiverse and highly responsible duties that contribute to the efficientoperation of the Testing and Assessment Center. This position assists inadministering, monitoring, and record keeping for a variety of studenttests/assessments.
- Obtain/maintain certifications fortest administration
- Administers and proctor’s exams ofvarious type, strictly adhering to guidelines set by faculty and/or othertesting organizations.
- Assists with preparation and registration of various exam services.
- Assists with monitoring, retrieving, and responding to all incoming voice andemail messages.
- With a high degree of accuracy, assists with data entry of test scores andplacement messaging.
- Daily will assist with scanning, faxing, emailing, filing, and mailing ofvarious records.
- Responsible for maintaining a neat and tidy testing area; responsible forweekly cleaning/disinfecting test room tables, computer stations, andcomputers.
- Responsible for monitoring/reporting/storing of supply stock and variousliterature/study materials stock with bi-weekly reporting to the directorand/or assessment technicians.
- May assist in opening and/or closing procedures.
- May assist in training of student work-study personnel.
- Completes all mandatory trainingand participated in a minimum of two professional development per year.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The duties listed in this jobdescription are intended only as illustrations of the various types of workthat may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does notexclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logicalassignment to the position.Special Instructions to ApplicantsResume and cover letter are required for full consideration.Part time position (20 hr. work week)Education & ExperiencePosition Qualifications:
High School diploma/GED
- At least two years of responsiblework experience in a customer-focused environment
- A minimum of 6months-1 year of data entry experience
- Ability to communicate diplomatically, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing to exchange information, give/receive instructions and respond to inquiries appropriately.
- Accurate typing/data entry skills and demonstrated ability to work with attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret complex written records such as regulations and instructional materials.
Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills required.
- Demonstrated coordination, planning, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate within a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities imposed by frequent deadlines, peak workloads, and public/student contact.
- Ability to thrive in a high-paced and dynamic environment.
- Very strong experience working with office technologies including but not limited to: office computers, scanners, internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to a multicultural environment in an effort to work and communicate effectively with all students, faculty, staff and test vendor partners.
- Passion for assisting students with educational endeavors and representing the OSU brand with positivity and professionalism.
- Strong working knowledge of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU brand with positivity and professionalism.
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior
- Bachelor Degree
- Previous testing experience in a higher-educational setting
- Knowledge of GED Programs helpful
- Work will be performed in an office environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone and via email.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include some nights and weekends.
- Extensive computer use required.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, walking, talking, and listening
The work environment andphysical demands described here are representative of those required by anemployee to perform the essential functions of this job with or withoutreasonable accommodations.Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.