Nursing Clinical Instructional Assistant
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleNursing Clinical Instructional AssistantPosting NumberFac00411Employment TypePart-TimeBenefits AvailableNo Position Summary Information Nature of Work
The School of Nursing and Health Science is looking for Nursing Clinical Instructional Assistants to provide teaching and evaluations for small groups of nursing students in practice settings and simulated settingsEssential Duties
The Clinical Instructional Assistant makes clinical student assignments, supervises clinical/laboratory practice experiences, evaluates clinical written assignments, and evaluates student clinical performance and accomplishment of clinical objectives. Responsibilities of the person in this position include but are not limited to adhering to Department of Nursing guidelines/protocols (medication, communications, clinical responsibilities, uniforms, etc.) and attendance of scheduled Level meetings as needed.Minimum Qualifications and Training
- Must possess a current RN license in Georgia.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is required.
- To assist with certain level courses, the candidate must provide documentation of current enrollment in a graduate nursing degree program or possess 18 semester graduate hours in nursing or intend to start a master’s program.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year’s recent clinical experience in obstetrical, pediatric, mental health or med-surg nursing.
- Must have current health care provider CPR certification, immunizations, and annual health examinations as required by Memorandums of Understanding with clinical facilities.
A Master’s degree in Nursing is preferred.Special Instructions to Applicants
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date09/09/2019Close Date05/31/2020Open Until FilledNoPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * What will your highest level of education be as of the anticipated start date?
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- * Do you hold a current RN license in Georgia?
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type position?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts 1
- Transcripts 2
- Transcripts 3
- Other Documents