International Trade Compliance Specialist (Program Specialist 2), UCP 7
Job Title: International Trade Compliance Specialist (Program Specialist 2), UCP 7
Location: Storrs Campus
Job ID: 2020180
The University of Connecticut Office of the Vice President for Research (UConn OVPR) is recruiting for a seasoned research compliance professional with an advanced background in International Trade Compliance (ITC) to coordinate the day-to-day ITC administrative activities, and plan and execute ITC projects consistent with the University’s policies and procedures. Under the direction of the Associate Vice President for Research Integrity and Regulatory Affairs, the ITC Specialist will serve as a point of contact and subject matter expert in the area of International Trade Compliance, and will partner with the Senior Export Control Officer (SECO) to assure Export Control/ITC oversight.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITITES
- Plan, organize, schedule and drive ITC compliance projects from start to end.
- Organize ITC records and coordinate audits of key ITC procedures.
- Serves as a resource on ITC to support and assist researchers to comply with all ITC requirements.
- Develop informational materials and conduct or participate in workshops or training activities.
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement and maintain awareness of ITC regulations.
- Effectively manages individual caseload
- Assist and with other University projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will have an advanced background in international trade compliance, export control, or related area of compliance; strong organizational skills, including project management experience; excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills, with superior ability to exercise good judgment, confidentiality and discretion. The ITC Specialist will have a customer-service orientation, working well independently and as well as a collaborative member of a team.
- J.D. or Master’s degree in an appropriate academic discipline.
- Comprehensive knowledge and three to five years of experience working in the area of international trade regulation/compliance/export control, with proven ability to apply a range of concepts, techniques and practices to carry out program objectives.
- Strong organizational skills, including project management experience.
- IT proficient and experience using Microsoft Office and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior ability to exercise good judgment, confidentiality and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interface with relevant stakeholders and staff at all levels.
- Ability to work well independently, as well as a collaborative member of a team, with extremely high level of motivation, initiative, and responsibility.
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency required to perform position responsibilities.
- Certification in Project Management.
- Experience in Higher Education.
- Experience with Web Design and/or SharePoint.
- Experience with Sanctions screening systems.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in project development and administration.
This is a 35 hour/week, full-time, permanent, twelve-month position, with an excellent benefits package including medical and retirement, as well as employee and dependent tuition reimbursement at the University of Connecticut (outlined here: https://hr.uconn.edu/benefits-summaries/).
Please apply online at www.jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions, Search #2020180. Please submit a cover letter and resume demonstrating how the qualifications and requirements of the position are met, and contact information for three professional references. Confidential inquiries may be addressed to Laurie Pudlo, Administrative Manager, at [email protected].
Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2020180)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on October 17, 2019.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://hcmprodweb.psoft.uconn.edu/psp/HRPRCGA_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;