FWS Project Assistant, Department of Research
Job location: Remote
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-10-03
Project Assistant, Department of Research and the IRB
Saybrook University is seeking a Federal Work Study Student: to join its Department of Research and the IRB as a Project Assistant.
Under the direction of the Director of Research and the IRB, the Federal Work Study Student: Project Assistant is responsible for carrying out a variety of tasks to support the Department of Research and the IRB in its development of policies and procedures, research curriculum, RC seminars, and research and IRB resources.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Auditing Research Instructor’s submission of syllabi, their posting on Canvas, the creation of course shells, and the enrollment in courses
- Auditing and reviewing student abstracts for required content and formatting
- Developing and implementing online forms
- Creating and/or updating department data bases
- Delivering weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as needed
- Updating Canvas course shells
- Collecting and reviewing research curricula, policies, and resources used by other universities
- Reviewing and collating past research policies
- Preparing flowcharts and descriptions of each degree program’s research sequence and procedures
- Completing additional training around human subjects research protections regulations (45 CFR 46).
- Coordinates IRB committee meetings and shares IRB project materials with IRB members
- Creates drafts of official committee correspondence and meeting notes.
- Ensure federally mandated records are maintained; reviews and approves administrative modifications to procedures.
- Support the development and delivery of regulatory and compliance education and training to faculty, staff, students and committee members.
- Contribute to the development of new processes and procedures around the IRB review.
- Collecting and reviewing IRB policies and resources used by other universities
- Assisting with RC and other presentations
- Triage of Department e-mail
- Clerical duties
- Review research for various projects
- Create word and excel documents for various projects
- Support curriculum and competencies development
- Utilize MS Office 365 tools, including word, excel, forms, and flow for various projects
- Candidate must be a current Saybrook student in good standing.
- Must have applied for federal work study via the FAFSA
- Candidate must present and express her/himself well to carry out contact with faculty and students.
- Candidate must demonstrate competence in writing, MS Office 365 applications, Canvas, and data base management.
- Technologically skilled in communication, presentation, and online learning systems
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.