Human Resources Coordinator
Department:: Human Resources
Locations:: Franklin, MA
Posted:: Oct 4, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-Time Fiscal Year
About Dean College:
Dean College is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! Dean ranked 23rd in the 2019 U.S. News & World Report for BEST REGIONAL COLLEGE - North category, the eighth year in a row of being ranked. Dean also ranked 12th in same report for Best Value Schools. In addition, Dean has been nationally recognized as a College of Distinction based on four distinctions - engaged students, great teaching, vibrant community, and successful outcomes.
Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition in which all students deserve the opportunity for academic and personal success. A uniquely supportive community for 153 years, Dean has woven together extensive student support and engagement with exceptional teaching and innovative campus activities. Our graduates are lifetime learners who thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility, and demonstrate leadership. This is The Dean Difference.
Dean serves close to 1,200 full-time students and close to 400 part-time students, offering bachelor's and associate degrees as well as a robust selection of certificate and short-term credential programs.
Dean College is situated in Franklin, Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence. Approximately 90 percent of the College's student population lives on campus in one of 13 residence halls.
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on student engagement and exceptional teaching. The Dean Difference is exemplified through each student's commitment to their professional futures, social responsibility, and leadership. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 15 varsity sports and more than 40 on-campus groups and organizations.
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports Entertainment, the Boston Ballet, and more.
This position provides coordination as a generalist who is responsible for coordinating the day to day operations of the Office for Human Resources.
- Act as a primary point of contact for all HRIS related issues:
- Maintain and update all HR data within Colleague, electronic files and personnel folders;
- Export and modify data for use by payroll and benefits systems;
- Serve as a back-up resource to the HR Manager to conduct payroll;
- Maintain the internal [email protected] Portal and the Human Resources web page;
- Support and lead administrative processes in the HR Department to include, but not limited to:Yearly DD Evaluations, Employee File Maintenance, Customer Service Protocol, Calendar and Events Management, etc.
Full-cycle Recruitment Administration
- Maintain the ATS system and train users on ATS functions;
- Monitor all positions and communications with applicants;
- Participate in the selection and interview process for positions;
- Post and maintain all external recruitment sites;
- Research and implement new, targeted ways to recruit online.
- Collaborate with and assist the Director in creating a strategy for developing and maintaining a diverse workforce;
- Implement good faith efforts in active and passive recruiting to ensure that applicant pools have diverse candidates (minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with challenging abilities).
Onboarding and Offboarding
- Organize the full range of onboarding and offboarding processes for all employees;
- Update and maintain the job descriptions database;
- Update the program and present at the New Hire Orientation.
- Assist the Director in planning, designing and presenting on-site training events for all faculty and staff;
- Maintain and update the College historic trainings;
- Design and implement wellness programs in collaboration with Health Plan and the Wellness Committee.
Human Resources Faculty and Staff Events
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of the following main events, not inclusive of total events sponsored by HR: Holiday Party/Service Awards/Welcome Back Gatherings/NSO After Parties/End of Year Celebration, etc.
Non-work study and Intern Student Payroll
- Process all non-work study student accounts and payroll;
- Coordinate the onboarding process for student interns;
- Maintain the non-work study student web page;
- Educate both managers and students on payroll related processes.
Coordinate the Administrative Functions of the Department
- Process all HR reporting, HR forms, departmental filing, new hire/separation paperwork, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
This position requires an individual who is highly detail oriented and can learn and comprehend a highly matrixed institution with very detailed policies and procedures. This individual must have strong interpersonal and organizational aptitude, excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to take initiative and work well independently as well as with others in the HR Office and campus-wide and enjoy working in a multitasked environment. This individual will have access to and use of confidential information and must have a good sense of tact and confidentiality.
- Associate's degree in Human Resource Management required, Bachelor's preferred;
- 3 years of relevant HR experience required; college/university experience a plus;
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and communication skills;
- Highly organized and detail oriented;
- Work competently and efficiently while prioritizing work in a fast-paced environment with multiple and often conflicting interests; adhere to deadlines;
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to work in a changing environment;
- Evaluate problems accurately and display good judgment in solving them;
- Take responsibility, work well both as a team member and independently;
- Understand and follow directions and complex policies and procedures;
- Strong knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation in order to write well enough to draft some basic correspondence;
- Solid computer skills in a PC environment with the capability to master new software applications;
- Expertise in the functional use of Outlook, Excel, and Word.Ideally, Ellucian Colleague a plus;
- Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis. Dean College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related injury or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees and the College participates in the Federally-mandated E-Verify program.
The Assistant Dean of Students, located on the second floor of the Campus Center, telephone 508-541-1841, coordinates the college's compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 Act.
The Director of Human Resources on the first floor of Dean Hall, telephone, 508-541-1681 coordinates the college's compliance with titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and amendments, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The Dean College Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available by on this link: https://dean-www.s3.amazonaws.com/files/resources/50-campussafetyannualreport.pdf.
The Dean College Athletics Department is a Provisional Division III member of the NCAA and competes as a member of the New England Collegiate Conference (NECC), Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC), and the USCAA and complies with all NCAA Division III Rules and Regulations.
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, all unofficial transcripts; and contact information of three references. (PLEASE NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College Careers Account to check your completed application or upload additional documents.