Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting NumberS03832PWorking TitleFACILITIES ANALYSTDepartmentHousing Facilities - AdminAbout the University of Georgia
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (http://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.About the College/Unit/DepartmentCollege/Unit/Department websitePosting TypeExternalRetirement PlanTRSEmployment TypeEmployeeBenefits EligibilityBenefits EligibleFull/Part timeFull TimeWork ScheduleAdditional Schedule Information
M-F, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.Advertised Salary$31,000Posting Date08/23/2019Open until filledYesClosing DateProposed Starting Date09/17/2019Special Instructions to ApplicantsLocation of VacancyAthens Area EEO Policy Statement
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.Position Information Classification TitleFacilities Management Paraprofessional/ProfessionalPay GradeFLSAJob FamilyArchitecture & Equip DesignFTE1.00Minimum Qualifications
Requires technical knowledge in the field acquired through an apprenticeship, a 2-year degree, or professional certificate. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualifications.Preferred QualificationsPosition Summary
The primary function of this position is to oversee the operation of the Work Control Office as well as keeping the floor plans and room number data current.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies
Working knowledge of facilities maintenance and operations.
Skills to operate various technical computer systems.
Knowledge of space utilization practices and physical inventory procedures.
Establish and maintain professional working relationships with staff and students.
Work as a team member, but also make effective independent decisions and follow through on assignments.
Understand databases and how to extract meaningful information from large data sets.
Lift and carry up to 10 pounds, both assisted and unassisted.
Sit for long periods of time.
Safely operate a Georgia State vehicle.
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
- Manages the department’s Work Control Office, including student staff hiring and performance management, supply management, and coordination among various internal and external departments.
- Responsible for the generation of Periodic Maintenance (PM) work orders.
- Responsible for collecting and processing on-call reports into Housing’s Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS).
-Compiles and formats data to support administrative requests for special facilities reports.
- Responsible for the administration of the Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) to include data file accuracy, coordinating program updates with Facilities Maintenance Division, database management, training employees and endeavor toward continuous improvement.
- Interacts in a professional and consistent manner with a variety of customers via customer service desk, radio, telephone, or in person to coordinate work.
- Records and relays work orders to appropriate staff through various channels of communication.
- Efficiently utilize a variety of computer applications in completion of assigned tasks, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, AiM IWMS, Qlik Application, ALC, and Best Keystone 6000N key and core data base.
- Operates various building monitoring equipment and software involving HVAC and fire alarm systems.
- Coordinates work tasks that need to be accomplished with life safety contractors (alarm and sprinkler).
- Responsible for identifying, naming, and entering departmental assets in AiM. – Coordinate with Capital Projects and Code Compliance Division to determine maintenance requirements, PM Schedules, and tagging of those assets.
- Act as the vehicle fleet maintenance lead.
- Facilitate all vehicle repairs through the Automotive Service Center. Also provide and visually inspect all vehicles for their routine vehicle preventive maintenance and liaison with ASC to schedule vehicle preventive maintenance repairs.
- Liaison with Facility Maintenance Division to update the simplified floor plans of our residence halls for use by various staff members. Forwards these floor plans to be posted on our staff web site.
- Use the updated floor plans data to keep the building and room data current in the IWMS.
- Provide location data to the Key Shop to update the key control software.
- Participates in the department’s training opportunities and team activities.
- Takes part in staff meetings, compiles meeting minutes to distribute to entire facilities maintenance staff
- Knowledge of workplace rules and guidelines.
- Comply with UGA policies and procedures.
- Coordinate annual key audits, fire safety inspections, summer conference schedules, radio management.
- Other duties consistent with the purpose and scope of this position, which may be assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a valid driver's license?
- No Response
- Cover Letter