Research Administrative Coordinator
Job location: Annenberg Public Policy Center
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-10-03
University OverviewThe University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job TitleResearch Administrative CoordinatorJob Profile TitleResearch Administrative CoordinatorJob Description SummaryThe research and administrative coordinator’s role is to oversee the daily operations of undergraduate research for projects within the Annenberg Health and Risk Communication Institute (AHRCI) and other research projects at the Annenberg Public Policy Center (APPC).Job Description
- Recruiting undergraduate students, training them to work on content analysis and other quantitative and qualitative research projects and using statistical analysis to assess inter-coder reliability using Krippendorff's Alpha software
- Guiding students' work when necessary, and conducting content analyses as needed.
- Developing and implementing new study designs and coding instruments, and identifying and acquiring new samples for content analysis coding under guidance from the Director(s) of AHRCI or APPC.
- Data management using Qualtrics; creating and cleaning datasets using Excel.
- Assistance with analysis and preparation of scholarly publications based on research findings.
- Administrative task including submitting student financial documents and timesheets to payroll, organizing meetings, and when necessary, assisting senior staff with other tasks.
A Bachelor’s degree and 2 to 3 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. BA/BS in Communication or another social science and post college experience in an academic research environment is preferred. Content analysis experience is highly preferred. Candidate must have proficient computer skills in Word and Excel (required), with desire and ability to learn and use statistical software packages such as SPSS and online survey programs such as Qualtrics. Candidate must demonstrate great attention to detail, good time management skills, and be self-motivated to work during periods of low supervision. Candidate must be comfortable with collaborative work environments and leading large teams of student workers.
Resume and cover letter required (clicking the “upload” button at the bottom of the My Experience page in the application process will allow you to attach multiple documents).
Office, Library, Computer Room
Typically sitting at desk or tableJob Location - City, StatePhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / SchoolAnnenberg School for CommunicationPay Range$20.00 - $36.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.