STEM College Experience (SCE) Program Specialist (Part-Time)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleSTEM College Experience (SCE) Program Specialist (Part-Time)Requisition NumberSCA00363General Description
The STEM College Experience (SCE) Program Specialist is responsible for the marketing and coordination of activities and processes related to the College’s STEM College Experience Program (SCE) – an extension of the College’s long-standing Summer ACE (Advanced College Experience) program – which includes a 5-week STEM camp and Academic Year STEM exposure experiences for middle school students. This position serves as the point of contact for program participants and their families, while coordinating processes related to camp and event registration. This position oversees the camp programming, event scheduling and summer camp staff.
This is a part-time position based at the College’s Northeast Regional campus. Work hours will not to exceed 30 hours per week.Specific Responsibilities
• Market the College’s SCE program to students and staff at local middle schools and community organizations and recruit students to STEM exposure events and STEM summer camp.
• Identify, schedule and coordinate academic year STEM Exposure experiences.
• Assist the Manager in the planning and implementation of a five (5) week STEM summer camp and facilitate all duties required to execute a successful camp.
• Develop STEM camp schedule and logistics.
• Assist the Manager in the creation and administration of the camp registration process.
• Serve as the program’s point of contact and communicate with campers, parents, partners and staff to resolve any issues or concerns.
• Provide leadership to camp staff and participate in/facilitate all staff training and assist in the selection and hiring of camp staff.
• Track data and report on outcomes of STEM experiences and summer camp.
• Collaborate with College staff and consultants on camp curricula and evaluation.
• Lead/facilitate camp events, as needed.
• Serve as the program’s point of contact for students, parents/guardians, faculty, consultants/facilitators and camp staff concerning all aspects of the program; providing assistance as needed.
• Create, in collaboration with the Manger, K-16 Partnerships, an SCE manual outlining all policies and processes.
• Monitor the effectiveness of events and summer camp programs.
• Collaborate with internal and external constituents to meet program goals and objectives.
• Deliver quality customer service both internally and externally in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
• Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning required.
• Demonstrated leadership or supervisory experience required.
• Minimum of one (1) year of successful program administration experience, to include event planning and logistics coordination required.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and to build collaborative relationships with others required.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills required.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines required.
• Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail required.
• Ability to travel within the local area required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for diverse academic environments, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds required.Preferred Qualifications
• Previous teaching or camp administration experience of middle school age students preferred.
• Experience with STEM programs preferred.Work LocationNortheast RegionalBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on October 17, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or RankISalary RangeSalary commensurate with relevant work experienceJob Posting Open Date10/03/2019Job Posting Close DateType of PositionAdministratorJob CategoryEmployment Status Part-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have a minimum of one (1) year of successful program administration experience, to include event planning and logistics coordination?
- * Do you have demonstrated leadership or supervisory experience?
- * Do you have previous teaching or camp administration experience of middle school age students?
- * Do you have experience with STEM programs?
- * Do you have the ability to travel within the local area?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application