Stock/Delivery Technician, Bookstore - Modesto Junior College
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleStock/Delivery Technician, Bookstore - Modesto Junior CollegeSite: Modesto Junior CollegeSalary Range / Other
Range 24 (2019-2020 Classified Salary Schedule)
$3,440 to $4,389 per month
40 hours per week, 12 months per year.
Monday through Friday: 8 hours per day, 5 days per week
(May include evening and weekend hours)
Appointments are hired at the first step of the range. The second step is paid after the first year of satisfactory service with subsequent steps annually thereafter to a maximum sixth step.Benefits
The District currently pays for a number of health options for the employee and dependents. Employees may elect to pay a premium for a higher health option. Vision care and dental insurance premiums for the employee and dependents is District paid. Income protection and life insurance premiums for the employee are also District paid.Position Summary Information Job Description
Under general supervision, performs a wide range of activities pertaining to the receipt, inspection, processing, storage and delivery of purchased materials, supplies and equipment; receives, organizes, stores and retrieves items in a centralized District warehouse or in a localized departmental storage facility; receives and verifies the accuracy of shipments; pulls stock from warehouse and other storage locations to fulfill departmental requests; prepares items for shipment or delivery; operates a delivery vehicle, forklift and/or other tools in a safe and effective manner; and performs related work as assigned.
This is a full working level support class within the Yosemite Community College District (YCCD). Incumbents in this class perform routine duties in support of central warehouse and/or departmental procurement activities. Positions in this class may be allocated to the Purchasing Department or may support individual departments that have major purchasing responsibilities (e.g., Auxiliary Services).
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Incumbents in this class work under the general supervision of a manager, working alone on routine or regular work assignments and checking with the supervisor on non-routine assignments or when in doubt as to the correct procedures to follow.
An incumbent in this class does not directly lead or supervise other full-time employees, but may assign, direct and/or monitor the work of subordinate full time, part time, and/or student employees on a project or assignment basis.Minimum Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The knowledge and ability requirements are representative of essential duties. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Methods and procedures pertaining to receiving, processing, storing, and distribution of a variety of supplies, materials, equipment.
• Simple record management procedures.
• Vehicle operation, service and maintenance requirements.
• Safe working and vehicle operational practices.
• Effectively operate a delivery vehicle and participate in a receiving, storage, and distribution operation.
• Perform routine clerical tasks.
• Perform moderately heavy manual tasks.
• Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education, experience and/or training that would likely provide the above-required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. Typical background patterns that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities are:
• Education: Possession of a High School diploma or GED.
• Experience: One year performing routine warehousing or clerical duties.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (Illustrative Only)
• Receives, organizes, stores and retrieves items for storage in a centralized District warehouse or a localized departmental storage location; unloads merchandise from delivery vehicles; cuts open boxes to verify against packing slips and/or purchase order documents; verifies that items are in satisfactory condition; marks item with final delivery location.
• Receives and processes delivery acknowledgement documents; receives and processes Web orders for merchandise; enters delivery data into a computerized inventory system.
• Unpacks, organizes and shelves items; retrieves and pulls stored items as requested to fulfill orders and/or to meet customer needs.
• Loads a delivery vehicle with supplies, materials and equipment to be delivered to various District locations; drives delivery vehicle to deliver and/or pick up items.
• Picks up mail from the Post Office and delivers to the mail room for sorting and distribution.
• Restocks vending machines and collects money as assigned.
• Packages and prepares items for return as needed; contacts purchasing staff or outside shipping vendors to complete shipping process.
• Maintains purchasing, inventory and shipping records and forwards for appropriate accounting.
• Takes inventories and recommends purchases of standard items.
• May perform routine clerical, customer service and other support duties in assigned areas.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• A valid license to drive in California is required.Physical and Mental Standards
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL STANDARDS:
• Mobility: ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and ramps; walk or stand for extended periods.
• Dexterity: must have a full range of motion in the upper extremities; manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard, hand tools and other equipment.
• Lifting: frequently lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift objects up to 75 pounds.
• Visual Requirements: close vision sufficient to read files, documents, and computer screens and do close-up work; ability to adjust focus frequently.
• Hearing/Talking: ability to hear normal speech, speak and hear on the telephone, and speak in person.
• Emotional/Psychological Factors: frequent contact with others including some public contact.
Applications are accepted online only at:
Select Job Openings, Select Search Jobs, Select Job Title, Create an account and Apply to this job.
Applications will be reviewed by a screening committee. Those applicants selected for personal interview will be notified by letter or phone. In accordance with Board policy official offers of employment will be made only by the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor/Human Resources, YCCD. Final appointment is subject to confirmation by the Board of Trustees.
Federal law requires the District employ only US citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Written verification of employment eligibility is required.
NOTE: A background investigation of new employees is required, including reference checks and a state criminal history report. Employment will not begin until the history check has been cleared by Human Resources. The cost for the criminal history report will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
The District may hire more than one applicant with this applicant pool.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. YCCD BP 3410 Nondiscrimination can be found at:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- * If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
- * Are any of your near relatives (child, parent, spouse or domestic partner, sibling, or in-laws or step-relatives in the relationships listed) currently employed by YCCD? Response of YES or NO is required in the area provided. NOTE: If yes, it is required that you provide the person or persons name/s and their position title in the area below as well.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- CCC Registry
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- List of Professional References