Adjunct - College Study Skills Instructor (Huntsville Campus)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number: 0000394Job Title: Adjunct - College Study Skills Instructor (Huntsville Campus)PS Position#: 00000726Position Status: Part-TimeSalary: $41.31 per lecture hour and $27.53 per lab hourClassification: AdjunctDepartment:HCLC Academic Studies POSTING TEXT Job Summary/Basic Function:
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on an as needed basis. These positions are filled prior to or during the start of each semester and are contingent upon the needs of the College.
Lee College accepts application materials for adjunct employment on a continuing basis throughout the year from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis.
Academic departments will contact potential applicants when there are available openings. Once an applicant submits an application for this position, his or her application and related information are considered active for a period of one (1) year.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Teach credit Learning Framework course (EDUC 1300) and/or non-credit Learning Strategies for Success course (LSSS 300) to students attending college in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ).
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct and evaluate the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications:
- Qualified candidates applying to teach the Learning Framework credit course (EDUC 1300) must have a Master’s degree in Education or a Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in Education.
- Qualified candidates applying to teach the Learning Strategies for Success non-credit course (LSSS 300) must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates must pass a criminal background check by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ).
- Graduate hours in Learning Theory preferred.
- Experience teaching at the college level is preferred.
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree?
- * Do you have a Master's (or higher) degree in Education or a Master's degree in a different field and 18 graduate hours in Education?
- * Did you successfully complete graduate hours in Learning Theory?
- * Have you previously taught at the college level?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document