Adjunct - Technical Math Instructor
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number: 0000156Job Title: Adjunct - Technical Math InstructorPS Position#: 00000942Position Status: Part-TimeSalary: $41.31 per lecture hour and $27.53 per lab hourClassification: AdjunctDepartment:Technical Studies POSTING TEXT Job Summary/Basic Function:
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on an as needed basis. These positions are filled prior to or during the start of each semester and are contingent upon the needs of the College.
Lee College accepts application materials for adjunct employment on a continuing basis throughout the year from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis.
Academic departments will contact potential applicants when there are available openings. Once an applicant submits an application for this position, his or her application and related information are considered active for a period of one (1) year.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Teach freshmen and sophomore level courses.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct and evaluate the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates must have an Associate degree and at least two (2) years of related (non-teaching) work experience or a Bachelor’s degree with one (1) year of related work experience.Preferred Qualifications: Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TXIf other, provide location. Posting Date:09/01/2019Close Date:Open Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on page five (5) of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Associate degree and at least two (2) years of related work experience or a Bachelor's (or higher) degree with one (1) year of related work experience?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document