Adjunct - Biology Instructor, Hargrave High School
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number: 0000832Job Title: Adjunct - Biology Instructor, Hargrave High SchoolPS Position#: Position Status: Part-TimeSalary: $41.31 per lecture hour and $27.53 per lab hourClassification: AdjunctDepartment:Math, Engineering & Sciences POSTING TEXT Job Summary/Basic Function:
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on an as needed basis. These positions are filled prior to or during the start of each semester and are contingent upon the needs of the College.
Lee College accepts application materials for adjunct employment on a continuing basis throughout the year from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis.
Academic departments will contact potential applicants when there are available openings.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach freshmen and sophomore college level Biology courses in which you are assigned at Hargrave High School.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Provide syllabi, assignments, evaluations, and samples of student work to dual enrollment liaison, as requested.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Maintain accurate student records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Dual Credit and Admissions & Records Office.
- Direct, evaluate, assess, and report the learning outcomes of the students in a timely manner as required by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and The Higher Education Coordinating Board in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- Participate in Campus and Dual Enrollment Office professional development, in addition to any other activities specific to subject area.
- Use the same textbook as selected and approved by the department.
- Verify class roster by the day of record.
- Submit grades to the Lee College Dual Credit Office in a timely manner: pass or fail (P/F) every three (3) weeks; and final numeric grades per due dates set by the college.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates must have a Master’s (or higher) degree in the teaching field, or a Master’s (or higher) degree with 18 graduate hours in the teaching field.Preferred Qualifications: Campus/Location: OtherIf other, provide location. Hargrave High School in Huffman, TXPosting Date:09/01/2019Close Date:Open Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college credit courses. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's (or higher) degree in the teaching field, or do you have a Master's (or higher) degree with 18 graduate hours in the teaching field?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3