- Empty and remove the contents of all waste or desk-side recycling receptacles and properly dispose of trash and/or recyclable materials in the appropriate containers.
- Dust and/or wash windowsills, blinds, woodwork, doors, clean elevator walls and control panels. Dust overhead pipes, light fixtures and all unobstructed horizontal and vertical surfaces. Dust all furniture as needed.
- Use a backpack vacuum to thoroughly clean all floor surfaces and stairwells and vacuum upholstery as needed. Vacuum erasers and chalk trays in classrooms and conference rooms. Vacuum entryway mats and elevator door tracks daily.
- Close all open windows, turn off lights and close and lock doors.
- Use specialized “touch-free” restroom cleaning system to provide consistent cleaning to restrooms. Pick up debris from floors, empty feminine waste receptacles and regular waste receptacles; restock all supplies daily; disinfect fixtures, partitions, and floors; brush-scrub restroom floors and showers; use high pressure spray to rinse partitions and floors; scrub sinks, toilets, and urinals; use squeegee tool to clean off partitions, mirrors and countertops. Vacuum up dirt and debris and water from floors; use blower feature to dry floors; scrub and disinfect drinking fountains daily for guest restrooms clean with regular hands-on cleaning methods.
- Clean entrances of facilities daily: sweep, empty ashtrays, clean entry doors, clean out leaves and cobwebs from corners, Extract entry-level carpeted hallways once per week; mop all hard surface floors; spot mop spills daily; assist with stocking closets as needed with necessary supplies for the facilities; take out bulk trash; remove graffiti, spot clean carpets, and remove gum from floors as necessary.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for University of Colorado students, staff, and visitors by removing ice and snow with shovels, ice scrapers, or salt from outside walks, steps, and entrances.
- Perform initial emergency clean up; Pick up water or debris; extract carpeted floors and upholstered furniture with disinfectant. Clean upholstery by hand or with extractor: Move or assist in the moving of heavy furniture; replace dirty linen with clean linen, and make the beds during conference season.
- Strip and finish of hard surface floors and extracting of carpets as assigned Participate in the “Eyes and Ears Program” and "Emergency Response Teams" as needed.
- Any duties assigned by the supervisor to fit the needs of the business.
- Clean and perform minor maintenance on all custodial equipment to keep it in proper working order.
- Report all equipment needing repairs to the supervisor.
- Empty and clean all vacuums, buckets, Kaivacs, and hydro- and hepa-vacs daily. Keep the custodial workstation clean and well stocked with supplies and materials needed to perform the work in the assigned area.
- Maintain the custodial workstation in a safe manner, add water to floor drains as needed, report updates to building floor plans as needed.
This full-time position offers excellent benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- EcoPass for free RTD rides
- An unparalleled retirement plan
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Active. Be Collaborative. Be Boulder.What We RequireSix months of work experience.Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position (optional).
Please apply by November 11, 2019, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.