Position DetailsPosition Details Job TitleSenior DesignerPosition Number8102116Job CategoryUniversity StaffJob TypeFull-TimeFLSA StatusExemptCampusChicago-Water Tower CampusDepartment NameUNIV MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONLocation CodeUNIVERSITY MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONIs this split and/or fully grant funded? NoDuties and Responsibilities
Loyola University Chicago’s brand experience group seeks a talented, high-impact graphic, designer who wants to make a difference. Our team implements user-oriented design solutions across all channels and environments. Collaborating with colleagues across four campuses, we extend brand attributes through print and electronic pages and packages, seeking to build relationships and increase engagement with current and potential students, alumni, donors, and friends.
Reporting to the art director, this designer-creator will be a key hands-on contributor, operating with latitude to create brand-aligned illustration, graphics, layouts, and other solutions while educating and offering guidance to junior staff members. The ideal candidate is smart, curious, and self-motivated with the ability to lead design thought with equal abilities to envision and execute within a growing, collaborative, and multifunctional team.
Our core workload includes journalistic, marketing storytelling and information presentation that focuses on student recruitment and alumni/donor relations. The successful candidate must also be adept in these areas.
•Strong sense and application of typography, illustration, layout, and photography
•Conceptual thinker who can link marketing and narrative content to drive compelling visual storytelling
•High level of personal and professional organization; able to work with minimal supervision under tight deadlines
•Outstanding attention to detail with a relentless focus on quality and continuous improvement
•Flexibility to handle shifting priorities and multiple projects
•Drive to explore/learn current and future design/marketing platforms
Essential duties and responsibilities
•Works with a select and varied group of internal clients to fulfill the University’s mission
•Conceptualizes and designs projects that appear in all University channels (print, electronic, and environmental)
•Creates original, high-impact display graphics—illustration, informational graphics and designs
•Actively understands business objectives of clients; understands and communicates the University‘s branding guidelines—but has the insight and fortitude to bend them
•Applies marketing concepts and tools to reach our key audiences. Provides sound marketing direction that aligns with client/University strategic goals
•Strives to see beyond singular requests to find efficiencies and connections throughout our content ecosystem
•Models behaviors and guides junior designers to create a teaching environment
•Completes additional duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in design, journalism, or related field.
Minimum of five years’ experience in design or marketing.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in design, journalism, or related field
- Have a minimum of five years’ experience in design or marketing
- Project management skills with demonstrated success integrating web design and effective application of marketing, business and other strategic principles.
- Ability to multitask with proven track record in meeting project deadlines.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, and exceptional client-service and team-participation skills.
- Proven ability to share knowledge and teach others.
- Understands the purpose, processes, and principles of multimedia and interactive storytelling.
- Be skilled in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
-Demonstrate conceptual illustration and/or data visualization skills
-Have a working knowledge of HTML/CSS and social media storytelling and best practices
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you hold a bachelor's degree in design, journalism, or a related field?
- * Do you have a minimum of five years of experience in design or marketing?
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
- Multi Media