Executive Assistant to the Chief Compliance Officer
The Executive Assistant provides administrative and project management support to Stony Brook Medicine's Chief Compliance Officer inclusive of the Office of Compliance and Audit Services for Stonybrook University Hospital and its campuses and offsite locations, the Clinical Practice Management Plan's Compliance Program, the Health Sciences School's Compliance Programs and the HIPAA Privacy Office.
Incumbent is responsible for maintaining the Chief Compliance Officer’s calendar and making travel arrangements and coordinating meetings and conferences. The incumbent will assist in the development of presentation materials and any major project related tasks. The incumbent will assist in the development of the annual budget and monitoring of the budget. The incumbent will enter inquiries and communications received in the appropriate database and run reports for the Governing Body and Board meetings as needed.
Duties of an Executive Assistant to the Chief Compliance Officer may include the following but are not limited to:
- Receives and screens incoming telephone calls, mail, and visitors; researching and responding to various inquires while directing other inquiries as necessary to responsible areas. Responsible for the preparation and/or coordination of official correspondence and formal presentations by the Chief Compliance Officer that are accurate, complete and meet quality standards for appearance and presentation.
- Generates scheduling, correspondence, location reservation and meeting minutes for Compliance meetings as required. Responsible for the follow up on all action items. Compiles status reports of compliance investigations and enters investigations and issues received by the Compliance Office in a database for tracking and generates reports as requested. Coordinate the development and document retention of compliance education and communications.
- Responsible for the Chief Compliance Officer’s calendar by setting priorities for activities and appointments and keeping abreast of activities throughout SBUH, HSC, the Campus, the Community, and elsewhere that may require the Chief Compliance Officer’s attention.
- Coordinates personnel actions for the Chief Compliance Officer. This includes recruitment, appointments, performance programs, evaluations, and interaction with talent acquisition.
- Maintains confidential files.
- Establishes and maintains a filing system for easy retrieval of documents and issues related to the hospital, practice plan, health science schools and privacy.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulatory requirements by keeping abreast of regulatory issues. Drafts responses for the Chief Compliance Officer for regulatory agencies in a timely manner. Recommends policy and procedure revisions based on regulatory changes.
- Compiles budget data and manages the budget for the Chief Compliance Officer. The incumbent will be responsible for reviewing, coordinating, and encumbering funds for the division. Prepare, monitor, coordinate and expedite purchase requisitions and services for the Chief Compliance Officer, review invoices for accuracy prior to payment, perform data entry necessary to input expense information into spreadsheet format for the maintenance of records and preparation of reports as needed.
- Prepares and coordinates all travel arrangements, follow-up and reimbursement for the Chief Compliance Officer for local and national conferences and speaking engagements. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- A minimum of five (5) of Administrative Assistant Experience, three (3) or more of which must be supporting a Director level position or above.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with project management.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Exceptional communication skills both written and oral
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and courtesy and must be able to work collaboratively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Sound decision making skills and professional judgement.
- Track record of and commitment to ensuring the highest level of confidentiality.
- Master's degree.
- Standard database entry and generating reports; knowledge of other health care related electronic systems (e.g., electronic medical records – Cerner, Siemens) preferred.
- Experience in a Healthcare Setting.
Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected].
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Job Field: Compliance
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Shift: Day Shift
Posting Start Date: Oct 2, 2019
Posting End Date: Dec 31, 2019, 11:59:00 PM