Assistant/Associate Professor of Clinical - Pediatrics (Emergency Medicine)
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-01-02
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Clinical and Service Operations
• Act as Director of Pediatric Emergency Services for Jackson Health Systems where Pediatric Emergency Departments exist.
• Position is an academic position at the University of Miami, but will have working relationship with Jackson Health System leadership to enhance the clinical protocols and efficiencies to standardize care across the Pediatric Emergency Departments at Jackson.
• Will participate in clinical coverage of the Jackson Health Systems Pediatric Emergency Room.
• Collaborate with ED nursing leadership, emergency physicians and advanced practice provider (APP) staff, and hospital administration to ensure the ED care delivery model achieves high- quality emergency care and evolves to match the needs of the
patients, the department, the hospital, and the community.
• Develop, maintain, update, and implement departmental policies, procedures, and protocols.
• Ensure providers are aware of and compliant with departmental, hospital, and medical staff policies.
• Work to ensure that medical staff policies support the department and hospital vision for ED care.
• Perform quality assurance and lead improvement initiatives within the department.
• Serve as chair or co-chair of the Emergency Services Committee or its equivalent.
• Work to ensure effective communication between ED physicians and APPs and other hospital medical staff.
• Have membership in or chair hospital committees as appropriate. These may include a medical staff executive committee and committees for disaster preparedness, critical care, quality improvement, case management, risk management, utilization review, etc.
Participate in risk management activities including communication with facility legal representative(s) concerning relevant departmental issues. Work with ED staff to identify and mitigate areas of high risk.
• Identify and participate in, and/or provide opportunities for, ongoing focused education courses for/by the ED staff, as appropriate to the staff, patient population, and facility needs.
• Additional teaching or supervisory responsibilities may exist in teaching facilities.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:Faculty-UMMGPay Grade:50