Asst. Professor of Clinical
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-10-02
If you are a current employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami (UM) is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
The physician in the clinical track is responsible for providing direct inpatient and outpatient care to GI patients at Jackson Memorial Hospital. He/she will provide outpatient clinical and endoscopic services, as well as rounding/teaching on inpatients at Jackson Hospitals. Physician will do weekly, holiday, and weekend call proportionate to other GI providers.
Outline of additional responsibilities include but are not Limited to:
- Maintain outpatient clinical practice at Jackson Memorial Hospital on the medical campus
- Perform endoscopic services to patients
- Maintain outpatient clinic schedule
- Rotate on night and weekend call proportionate to other faculty
- Rotate proportionate to other faculty on inpatient and JMH teaching services
- MD Degree and ACGME US internal medicine internship and residency
- Completed 3 year ACGME US gastroenterology fellowship
- Completed 1 year of non-ACGME advanced endoscopy fellowship
- Valid American Board Certification in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology (or board eligible)
- Valid unrestricted Florida Medical License or eligible to apply (must have license prior to credentialing)
- Valid DEA licensure
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Completion of US ACGME 3 year gastroenterology fellowship
- Complete of 1 Year advanced endoscopic fellowship
- Must maintain CME to meet institutional and state licensing requirements
- Must have excellent clinical knowledge and experience to provide safe and quality care to patients and meet institutional standards of care
- Current ACLS and BLS certification required
All Applicants Must Apply OnlineThe University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.