Part-Time Assistant Coach, Swimming
The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the schools academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 31 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 17 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
The Assistant Coach (part-time) assists the Head Coach in the administration of the following aspects of the sport program including coaching, recruiting, student-athlete mentoring, and ensuring program compliance with NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Achieving a high level of competency in sport skill instruction, motivation, and conduct of practice sessions under the direction of the Head Coach
- Providing effective sport instruction and feedback during contests
- Recruiting student-athletes effectively under the direction of the Head Coach
- Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and the Department of Athletics and Recreation's Code of Ethics
- Achieving competitive results that demonstrate athletic excellence
- Demonstrating a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic development, as well as the athletic welfare of student-athletes
- Demonstrating excelling writing, speaking, and listening abilities
- Exhibiting supportive and cooperative behavior in pursuing sport program goals established by the Head Coach
- Exhibiting leadership and professional behavior in dealing with student-athletes
- Completing all assignments made by the Head Coach including but not limited to: practice planning and travel arrangement
- Contributing to the maintenance of good working relationships with all members of the Division
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent communication and public relation skills.
- Commitment to the academic success of student-athletes.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations with demonstrated exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills strong organizational skills Ability to support high academic standards and to motivate students.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Previous coaching experience
- Master's Degree
- Previous collegiate coaching experience
- Varied, part-time
The pay for this position is $17.50-$20.00 hourly
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on October 21, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.